can't find the correct drivers for xp for laptop, HELP PLS

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks like all the important drivers are for Vista only. The only other way to find out if there are drivers for XP is to find out what the components are and see if you can find the right driver from wherever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yar, that's why i posted here to see if anyone can help me find those :X

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not likely to happen. a lot of laptops are manufactured with vista and vista alone in mind nowadays.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why even downgrade? Vista is generally the better OS *IF* you've got the hardware to back it up, which it seems you do. In the end, with good harware, vista is more stable, secure, easier on the eyes if you like (personally I don't go in for that even though I could) Make sure you're not just jumping on the "LOL Vista" bandwagon. Vista really does work rather well. I've yet to have any problems aside from the fact that some old games won't work. But that's what you have an old comp for.

*edit*

Though if you really must have XP, I'd start at laptopvideo2go.com. A lot of the people know a lot about doing **** on laptops. My one stop for nvidia drivers as well. 174.12 FTW/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like all the important drivers are for Vista only. The only other way to find out if there are drivers for XP is to find out what the components are and see if you can find the right driver from wherever.
how would i find out what components are needed? i'm a real noob at these kinds of things :(

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You havent formatted or anything yet...right?

Check Vista's hardware manager http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5183

Btw, is there any specific reason why you wanna goto XP?

KarrdeKNR said:
Why even downgrade? Vista is generally the better OS *IF* you've got the hardware to back it up, which it seems you do. In the end, with good harware, vista is more stable, secure, easier on the eyes if you like (personally I don't go in for that even though I could) Make sure you're not just jumping on the "LOL Vista" bandwagon. Vista really does work rather well. I've yet to have any problems aside from the fact that some old games won't work. But that's what you have an old comp for.
I havent really used Vista that much, mostly on my mom's laptop. But the above if for the most part right. If you have the hardware it's alright.

Onslaught said:
a lot of laptops are manufactured with vista and vista alone in mind nowadays.
This is also true, you'd be hard-pressed to find any computer that still has support for XP...........officially.Which is why it's a good idea to check if XP is supported before you buy the computer, a lot of people would be oblivious to this, so don't feel bad.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks for that link. so i would need to find drivers for all of the above shown, no?

well i personally want to clean my laptop from all the junk ware as well as using as less resources as possible, and i'd like to run some of the old programs i have, since i don't have access to the newer versions, or i doubt there are newer versions. my current laptop is so old that it freezes a bit using only a web browser.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, if you really want it, try a dual boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom