Can't decide on a graphics card

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Looks like a pretty powerful choice from what I see on the benchmarks.
I'm not a huge fan of Ati, they kinda left a sour taste in my mouth years ago when I bought one of the original Radeons.
That being said, there's no denying the fact that Ati has the most powerful video cards in the industry.
This Saphhire HD 6770 appears to have better benchmarks than my Nvidia Geforce 295.
That is quite impressive and I would totally recommend this card. ^_^

Here is where I found the benchmarks.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sapphire mid and low end cards sometimes have issues with construction, if you're skilled enough to re-seat heat sinks, then they aren't a bad buy. All of my sapphire cards have performed like animals. On the other hand, I've had to re-seat two out of the three sapphire cards I've owned.

Human?
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'd get a XFX Radeon HD 6790 Dual Fan. You get better cooling, less noise and a slight increase in performance.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

go for that instead!

i have a Radeon HD 6770
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102938

and i really wish i would have gotten the one with the 256 bit interface! that 128 bit is like ancient technology from 5 years ago now. if you can afford it get that top link! (the 6850)

Edit:
The 6770 is a decent card. my PC runs games great with it but as far as i understand that 128 bit card can only push 128 bits of info on the screen at any one time, however the 256 being twice as big would be twice as fast i imagine. At least I'd like to think thats how it works. =S someone correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
best bang for ur buck

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4870X2/Pages/hd-4870X2.aspx

you can find some of these for like 50-60 bucks on ebay .... that's like 30-40 euros

great value and able to run just about anything.

seriously the best card you can get. only downside is it only goes to dx10.1 but that shouldn't be a problem as most games dont even use 10.1 to begin with. and all those that use 11 also use 10.1 so really isn't a problem at all really.

only other prob u might have is you're going to need a powersupply powerful enough to run it all. and must have adequate cooling

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 X2 Graphics

you really shouldnt look further than this ^_^

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Have I got the Graphics card for you!

This spectacular processing unit was made in the early 1990's and is back into popularity once again!

800px-ET4000AX.JPG

You will be stumped by the incredible quality this amazing card can generate!
Playing games will be 'lifelike' on your personal pc!

multimedia-video-dosbox-linux.jpg
260550-spore-dos-screenshot-game-informations.png

You can get this beautiful processing unit marked and shipped to your location for a small sum of US $181.41!!!!!! (No joke)

ET4000AX, the gateway to digital reality.

Discord Member
Best answers
pft, i got 2 hd6870's :)
well ... you should've gotten 2 ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 X2 Graphics

(basically like having 4 cards) and would've cost the same too :p just need a rig good enough for it khekhekhe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom