cant create but can join

Best answers
can anyone help me i have esf 1.2.3 no firewall on amx mod cant create on esf but on anything else i can plz help

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're using a router, you need to port your router to the right.... ports. I don't know anything about it. I just know you're on a router, and that's your problem.

Best answers
i was able to create yesterday but when my friends started to join it froze so i remade it but then when i make it/ it almost finishs but then it goes back to the main menu

Best answers
im having the same problem, if you look in your console it says your steam id is already in use, which is odd, because i can join games just fine lol, really be nice if someone knew :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably ethier:

-Someone knows your account password (or if you are trying to use your staem account on more then one computer at once that's why you will get the "account in use" message).

-AMX Mod X is screwing the server up

All i can suggest (or think of) is to make sure cheating death is turned off, uninstall amx & reinstall hl & esf (and if worst comes to worst do a reinstall of steam aswell). Just delete your half-life game content and get steam to do the gathering work.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, your router could always be resetted for some reason, which caused the open ports to be removed as well, to open ports you can always check this link:
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi...F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1yb3V0ZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

If you don't need that information, forget it then. Its very weird that it crashes when you are attempted to create one. Seems i can't even find any information related to that problem on the steam support page. You could attempt to reinstall ESF, or make a dedicated ESF server.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life uses ports 27000-27030 (TCP and UDP enabled) just so you know.

Best answers
now im even more puzzled lol. I can host hldm games but I can't host esf games because my steam user id is in use, but i can join games. Nothing makes sense about it lol.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Caramon of x3 said:
now im even more puzzled lol. I can host hldm games but I can't host esf games because my steam user id is in use, but i can join games. Nothing makes sense about it lol.
Your SteamID in use? Well thats a new one, i never actually heard that one before I posted this on the Steam forums, in hope you would get an answer there, perhaps you should go to the link i post below where i posted it:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=370680

Best answers
sv_lan 1 has to be on, u can activate in the options wen u create the server, thanks sky.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No Problem, glad i could help out. And i'm glad it works :)

Best answers
I have a similear problem. I've previously had Esf and was able to create and join games. MY dad erased everything. I reinstalled Steam, ESF, ect. Now I can join games but when I try and create while it loading it gets to "Vaildating game resources" then it closes and goes back to the main menu. I've looked in the listenserver.cfg and didn't see a sv_lan. I have no Idea if the AMX_mod is problem because I just recently heard about it and I don't think I have it and I don't have any idea where to download it.

*edit*
I just tried joining multiple server and failed. While loading the bar gets to "Parsing game info" and freezes If i wait long enough I can hear game sounds but the loading screen continues to stay there. I press exit I get to the main menu that you have during gameplay. I press resume game I get the picture of the ground. (when you have to choose your team and charecter) But the charecter selection screen doesn't come up I've tried pressing the swiching charecter, and it just sits there. So now I can't create or join any game. Please help.

*EDIT again*
Well I didn't do anything and i can now create and join so if you were looking about it or anything else, don't worry. I don't know why it was doing that but its fixed now.

Best answers
I am now having this problem as well, and it only recently started after ESF updated through Steam. I try to start a server, and it starts to load, but it just goes back to the title screen. I tried restarting Steam and a couple of times it gave me that "Steam is already in use" message, but that stopped on the third try.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to make a guess and say that you are installing ESF wrong. 1st. Are you installing 1.2.3?
If so, then where are you installing it to? Do you have a valid (legal) copy of Half-Life1 (not 2)

Give some information and perhaps I can help.

Best answers
I'm not installing it wrong because I've had it installed for a while. I did install version 1.2.3, and my copy of Half-Life is legal.

Best answers
Rocky said:
I am now having this problem as well, and it only recently started after ESF updated through Steam. I try to start a server, and it starts to load, but it just goes back to the title screen. I tried restarting Steam and a couple of times it gave me that "Steam is already in use" message, but that stopped on the third try.
im havin the same prob

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky said:
I'm not installing it wrong because I've had it installed for a while. I did install version 1.2.3, and my copy of Half-Life is legal.
With that said, I read your post above mine. What do you mean by "ESF updates through steam"

Steam can't update ESF. It's, with my knowledge, impossible. ESF is a 3rd party mod. The only way to update ESF is if Masta, or whomever, released a patch/update and you downloaded it and installed it.

Try uninstalling ESF completely and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, I'll need to go step by step with you in order to find the problem. Pictures would also be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom