cant create but can join

Best answers
What I mean is I started to fire up the game, and it started an automatic update like first party games do every now and then. Took about 2 minutes, finished, and I was at this point where it wouldn't let me start my own servers.

At the moment, I'm downloading the 1.2.3 install file, but I might not reinstall until morning because I am quite tired. I'll try the reinstall and get back to you. Thanks for your help so far.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Attempt to create a server, when it goes back to the main menu. Press the "~" button to open the console, what error do you see in there?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you guys sure you install ESF in steam apps.?
And ESF isn't supposed to update through steam in any way AT ALL.
So I don't know why that happened.

Best answers
Ok, I reinstalled and fired the game up again, and it still wouldn't let me start a game, so I opened the console and found that error again:

"This Steam account is being used in another location"

I'll check out the Steam forum help for that one. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Rocky said:
Ok, I reinstalled and fired the game up again, and it still wouldn't let me start a game, so I opened the console and found that error again:

"This Steam account is being used in another location"

I'll check out the Steam forum help for that one. Thanks to all of you for your help.
Many people have that problem, and so have i. Have you installed the Zsword map recently? Not sure if that causes the problem or not, but i also have the same problem. The thread you are looking for is here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369805

This is an answer i could find in the thread, on page 4.
Just to re-iterate the temp fix for people who run a listen server:

Delete sv_lan 0 from listenserver.cfg located in your mods folder.
Start a game.
When the map has loaded, bring down the console and type sv_lan 0

You may have to give friends your IP as your game may not appear on the list of servers.

Best answers
No, I have not installed the Zsword map. I opened the listenserver.cfg file, but there is no sv_lan 0 at all.

Now I'm really confused... =(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Best answers
I just don't see why it's happening to us certain people and no one else, it makes no sense..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Perhaps a huge bug in the Steam system, it should be fixed though. I don't know why Steam hasn't fixed this yet. Or they don't know anything about it.

Best answers
Hopefully. I can't post on the Steam Forums yet, and I still can't create servers. Add that to the fact that all the servers I click seem to need to download about a half hour's worth of files, and I'm gettin' twitchy...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky said:
Hopefully. I can't post on the Steam Forums yet, and I still can't create servers. Add that to the fact that all the servers I click seem to need to download about a half hour's worth of files, and I'm gettin' twitchy...
Make sure it's not an EVM server. make sure it says "ESF" not "EVM"

If you don't have EVM and you try to go into an EVM game, STEAM will start downloading all the files needed to play in that server, only to be dissapointed 2 hours later that you can't play because you don't have EVM.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fire Phoenix, he said he was unable to create servers, not joining them. Downloading a few files from an official EVM server, and then attempt to create a server has no effect of causing a problem like this. Due the fact you are downloading client files, not server files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom