Can't connect to servers...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently reinstalled ESF and got through it all just fine, but I can't seem to reach any servers. Are there are critical ports to open?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you setup the Windows XP firewall to allow ESF/HL?

Did you set up too many filters in the Servers menu?

Is it just this that's acting up, or does ESF act differently in other areas as well?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I don't have SP2 so I don't even have the Windows firewall.

As for filters...it was at it's default. Like I said, I had just reinstalled it. I haven't tried anything else, honestly. I just figured there was a port that needed to be routed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep. I still think it's got to be a client port issue, though. My router is the only thing between me and the internet. I've had this problem before but completely forget how I dealt with it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll look into it, it's the same port ranges as standard Half Life. When I find out more I'll post them, or, if you beat me to it, you can Google them yourself.

27010-27015 seems to be the standard ports

Best answers
i have this exact same problems... i cant connect to anything.. my ports are fine my firewall is allowing it through.. even when i do connect xx.xxx.xx.xx:27015 from console it doesnt work it just sits at establishing connection.... and when i try to create a game it just goes back to the main menu and like doesnt work.. soo ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom