Can't change page file size?

Best answers
Well, here's a pic of my problem.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/-JLN-/pagefile.jpg
As you can see, I've changed the page file size to custom size, and then specified 1500mb for both maximum and initial size. Now, when I apply this, it asks me to restart my PC for the changes to take effect. Well, that's what it looks like after I restart it. It tells me that the currently allocated size is still 766mb, but it still has 1500mb in the specified size boxes. It does this everytime I restart my PC, so I just don't seem to be able to change my page file size. I know I used to be able to change it, and this possibly started after I got my new mobo and processor around Christmas. Any idea what's wrong?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know enough about software but when it comes to hardware I'm a total space cadet. Replacing a motherboard can do all kinds of strange and intriguing things, though. Is it possible you just plain don't have the full 1500 space available (I doubt it, but still)?

Best answers
Nah, I've got 24gb of space left, so it's definitely not that.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You're hitting Set before hitting Ok right?

Best answers
Yeah. If you look in the top box, it says 1500-1500 there aswell, which I think requires you to hit the set button. It's just on the "total paging file size for all drives" and "currently allocated" bits, it still says 766mb. I've found, that if I change it to something really high, such as 2700mb-2700mb, then it seems to change it. The bits that won't change normally, change to the new size that I set. However, it doesn't ask me to restart my PC, and again, it resets back to 766mb when I do restart my PC, so I have my doubts as to whether it's actually working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom