Can't Afford Half-Life?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In honor of the tenth anniversary of the original Half-Life (PC), developer Valve has put the game on sale on its Steam digital distribution service for 98 cents, a nod to its 1998 release.

The oft-delayed Half-Life was Valve's first release and went on to receive countless Game of the Year awards and high-ranking spots in several publications' "best games of all time" lists. The studio has followed up the adventures of silent protagonist Gordon Freeman with a sequel and two episodic mini-sequels, with Episode Three on the way.

At 98 cents, it's an affordable bit of gaming history--even for non-gamers--but the deal won't last long. The shooter returns to its usual $9.99 price point at 12:00 noon PST on Friday, November 21.

Shacknews readers who haven't played the game are encouraged to give it a whirl before the real Gordon Freeman's antics at the Large Hadron Collider get us all killed.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56002

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Very interesting, might buy a few copies this way so I have extra.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
they should do the same with half life 2 in its 5 year anniversary. Selling it for 0.4 cents lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew what this thread was about before I came in haha. I saw that today. Wow...

You can buy every game ever made by Valve for $100 now in the Valve Complete Package on Steam, including L4D. That's an insane deal.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I knew what this thread was about before I came in haha. I saw that today. Wow...

You can buy every game ever made by Valve for $100 now in the Valve Complete Package on Steam, including L4D. That's an insane deal.
If I had the money, I would buy it :(.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully we wont see so many 10 year olds here wondering why esf doesnt work.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Dude, if all this people who don't have HL and they want ESF, and after us telling them millions of times you need half life and IF they knew about this sale, then it would be a better day for them.

If only they could know

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It seems I can't buy Half-Life multiple times for myself.. Only send it out as a gift.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I swear to god, if these cheap, whining, pirating bastards don't buy it for 98 cents I swear...

Too bad it's for a short time though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I swear to god, if these cheap, whining, pirating bastards don't buy it for 98 cents I swear...

Too bad it's for a short time though.

What about all those poor people in Africa that only get like 10 cents a month?

Side note: Can OLPC's run hl1?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he means old PCs, but he's invented a language in which to say it that we don't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom