cannot use any powers?

Best answers
Hi, i've been having problems... the only attack i can use without my esf freezing is mellee... whenever i fire a ki ball or any sort of beam it freezes... it took me forever to mellee upto ssj2 and then it froze when i accidently fired a ki ball, it pissed me of alot... any help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you running the game on the OpenGL setting? If you have it set to Software or D3D, set it to OpenGL, it fixes a lot of known problems. You can do this by going to Options, then Video.

Also, have you messed around with any of the game's files? If so, you might try re-installing the game. This should fix any file problems you might have.

Best answers
i reinstalled the game several times.... without the mod and with it, same outcome, always on open gl, disabled the ati_ thing in console too

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see. Have you tried running it on D3D mode? It's not as good as OpenGL, but at least it's way better than Software mode.

You might also try updating your video drivers, cleaning out your computer for spyware, et cetera. It may or may not help with ESF, but considering the Half-Life engine is old and fragile, it probably can't hurt either way. :3

Best answers
i ran it on d3d, it lagged so hard it was on 5 fps.... i have X800pro for a video card and it is updated

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see.. Then, I'm sorry, but I don't know what else might cause it. I suggest posting some computer specs in your first post so some of the smarter people on the forum can help you further. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom