Candy Beam alternative

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was thinking of ways to make candy ray a bit different from its current version. Since I actually liked the idea I proposed before, I'll post it again but with some needed alterations.

Here's my two cents:

1- Candy ray no longer kills you, instead it just becomes harder to use. You have to charge it and can only use it when the opponent is ridiculously close.
It would be a 0-100% charge, meaning there won't be a minimum o maximum charge time based on potency.

2- When Buu turns you into candy you turn into a little gumball but still retain some movement, meaning you can use this little advantage to try and avoid being eaten. I think it would give the spamming candy ray bastards a harder time. Say after about 10-15 seconds pass, you morph back into your normal form.

3- If Buu misses you, he is left wide open for attack during a "recover" animation, say about 3-5 secs, with a somewhat depleted stamina to boot.

4- If Buu is succesful in eating you, it counts as a frag but the advantage he gains comes from a minimal PL gain and some HP recuperation, making this a replacement for regeneration (which is spamable and unfair).

Comments welcome, of course.

Best answers
1} I like the idea of a very minimum range and a charge. That definitely adds some difficulty to it.

3} Recovery time is also a nice touch. It easily guarantees a hit against him if the other person is that close and he misses.

Maybe something could be added like if the other player blocks, it deflects back into him and turns him into candy.

2 + 4} I'm a little uncertain about turning into a gumball or what benefits should be gained. I always liked that Buu could eat a bunch of noobs and get really strong, and I don't really see anything wrong with him gaining a fixed PL from it. If the attack doesn't get stronger with more PL, or the damage is limited on it per PL gain, then I don't see it being too much of a problem.

I do think it'd be cool to run away as the candy. I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to add and what not. Maybe let the candy do Combo Melee, but no Basic or Throws. ;) If the candy can't fight, I'd lower the time down to like 6 seconds.

Maybe you could even have the amount of time they're candy be related to the amount of charge time, and make a minimum of 3 seconds and a maximum of 10. Along with the longer recovery, make it consume a good chunk of Ki, based on a % of Maximum so transformations don't make it easier. Such an offensive attack should have great consequences on Ki.

I'm really curious how Captain Ginyu's body switch will work. I think the candy attack could be something similar.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I would like to see "The incredible fighting candy". That was one of the funniest moments in DBz :smile:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would like to see "The incredible fighting candy". That was one of the funniest moments in DBz :smile:
...Agree!It was hell funny...

Well i like idea but there should be something like candy gives you more ki, cause you wont get ki while doing candy ray on him, i like idea but not exactly as you said StealthSudaka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom