Can you play esf 1.2 without steam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope.

By the way the current version is 1.2.3. Just so you know.

Best answers
but which version can you play without steam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF needs Steam. There's no getting around it. Why don't you want to use Steam anyway?

Best answers
I don't have a half life account and a will be playing esf LAN. There is a esf mod without steam that i'm playing, but i wanted to know if there was any other way too play the newest version only LAN

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you dont have an account for half life, you can easily make one...Unless offcourse you are using an illegally obtained half life...

Anyway, the newest 1.2.3 version can ONLY be played with steam(as far as I know), the only other versions that still work with LAN are 1.1 and 1.0.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually all of the versions of esf work with WON, you just need to know how to set it up right. you can play with bots, but it's not as challenging as playing with others. anyways i doubt anyone will help you setup won because it's died and passed away a long time ago. online play is used through steam, although you can play lan games with steam. just buy half life and you don't have a problem.. anyways it is still very much possible to play with WON still.. heck i have two installed directories, one for steam and one for won. if my friends come over we play esf through lan, and using won is so much easier >_<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just playying 1.2 lan on won myself at a net cafe. Though do get steam, there's not as many glitches/bugs with steam as there is with WON.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough of this, really. We don't support non-Steam use, so it's pointless to confuse people by telling them you can.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom