Can you help me play?

Best answers
I have half life one installed from ages ago but problem is its installed in a valve directory I have steam but I did not get the game off of steam, I installed ESF and ran it and it starts up fine but as soon as I create a game to fight bots it crashes and says "Error failed to authenticate" then takes me back to the desktop is there anyway to get this working? thanks.

Best answers
Why would I buy something I already have on disc? but I figured it out anyways I had to reinstall Half-Life I had a few mods installed that ESF didn't like.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You have to get it installed on steam, you don't install it from the disc itself.

Open up Steam, sign in, press "Games", press "Activate a product on steam", put in your cd-key. If it's a valid cd-key, it should install Half-Life on your steam account. Then run the ESF installer and it should install ESF to the proper Steam Half-Life directory.

Best answers
Wait a second, so if I have bought a game that is also on the steam store I just enter in my product code and then if my disc gets broken in the future I can download off of steam?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait a second, so if I have bought a game that is also on the steam store I just enter in my product code and then if my disc gets broken in the future I can download off of steam?
Yup.

Create an account on Steam, download it. Once you enter your CD-key into your account on steam, it is forever there.

Unless you get banned for hacking on Steam.

but your disc could snap and you could always download it straight from Steam.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
If you buy it from the steam store you won't receive a "disc". You will simply have the game on your account, and can install it anytime, anywhere.

If you bought it from a local store and have the disc, just entire the cdkey, and it will be on your account the same way. The actual disc isn't required.

Best answers
Wow so I have had a steam account all this time and I never knew that, thanks lol :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom