Can you download copy from a disc that belongs to the console?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can you download the copy of the disc that belongs to the console?

I have asked my friend about a PS4 that can download the copy of from the disc to your PS4 without putting the same disc and when it gets ruined, you'll still play the game without it once it is installed to your PS4 profile.

Now, I have not used the PS4/Xbox 360 and tried anything from them. But I want to know if you can download the copy from the CD without putting it inside the console a thousand times so you will get to play it.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you buy the disc you have to use it everytime you play.

Every game you buy in the shop can be bought online instead to save you that problem

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I see. I was hoping from Microsoft and Sony to make a new feature to install games into their consoles with a CD to copy the game, download it and save it on their profile instead of their account without buying any games from the store... Or just pay it to install it while the user is online.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think a lot of games will install to the hard drive so they use the disc less to save them some wear and tear. If they either sit inside the console while it's still or in the case then it probably won't be an issue

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Yep, if a game is fully installed on the Console, the access to the drive is mostly just for the illigal copy protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom