★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it in beta 1.2 right...
please tell me more about it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think bouncy ball, if you hit it off a wall it goes flying, now you'll be able to jump off a wall, like that ball.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds awsome!
thanks!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, but how ill kit work? Will it work like beam jump or will there be a button 2 press, or just generally jump of a wall like the wallflips on Jedi Outcast?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea...or maby it will be instant...
i mean that if he hits the wall automaticly hi walljumps..
am i right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wud be camp. That wud mean there wud be no damage from hitting walls after being thrown into them with the new 1.2 melee system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[GSF]Ganon, that was suggested 2 years ago by me, and I know someone suggested it way before me.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please get over it already guys, both of you. Walljumping exists in *many* different games as well as the cartoon and assumably manga of Dragonball Z. Who suggested what is really irrelavent at this point. Get back on topic.

And don't worry, you'll still take damage if you're thrown into a wall, whether or not you jump back off of it. Being able to bounce back off of it at the expense of some ki was made possible to maintain the fast pace of the ESF melee system and add a little style to the foray.

"Wall jumping" has nothing to do with being thrown in the first place though, at least not the "wall jumping" written into the ESF 1.2 outline. That kind of wall jumping will take place when you swoop into a wall and hold onto jump, allowing you to rebound back in the opposite direction without having to turn around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. Will you be able to walljump off oppopnents in the same way you can beam jump off people? :\ ;D

Best answers
In my knowledge the beam jump on people will be removed , dunno about wall jump though

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure you can't wall-jump off of people. The entire point of flying into someone is to hit them, and punching is automatic now, so there's little chance you'll be able to jump off of their faces.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But maybe i dont want to hit them...... Maybe i want to toy with a n00b by flying into them and taunting them :\

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then why not fly circles around them? ESF isn't about making people who aren't at your level feel stupid. The team isn't going to waste its time and effort to design techniques that only appeal to the top 10% of the community.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, more than 60% of ESF players cant melee properly, so i wud say thats a wee bit more than 10%. And besides, I never said anything about adding anything to the new melee system and walljumping, otherwise i wud have posted in the Suggestion forum :\
Besides, i ain't gonna argue with a mod, so i'll just shutup ;D :rolleyes:

Best answers
The one way they could make the walljumps happen would be close to how they are in UT2003. You jump up to the wall and Dodge off of it.

Or they could make it so if your running in to the wall and jump, then pressing Left Strafe, you jump off of the wall.

They would want this to be easy, thats pretty easy if you ask me :D

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha..
its ok guys.. joe and I did wall jumping in another test mod of ours.. we know what we're doing with this wall jump thing :D

-=: test mod := -
you could jump in 4 directions,
front/back/left/right
so depending the direction you face.. you do a different flip..

Im not sure how we're gonna do it for ESF yet so READ CAREFULLY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom