can anyone make a map that.....

Best answers
can anyone make a map compared to hell that will have like lava tunels and a battle arena under the lave and if u break the walls lava will flow in the battle arena and it will raw as hell people will be fighting in it all the time cuz it will be raw as hell just do it (don`t ask me):idea: :yes: :no:

Best answers
I would but there a problem......

HL Engine wasn't designed to do that.And if it could,you'd be spending a lot of time putting entities everywhere.Not to mention what happens to the r_speeds....ugghhh....

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I dont have HL,so I dont know any levels in the game and their breakables,and I cant find a tutorial which actually teaches you how to make those....

Best answers
yes u can do it becuz they have lava pits and u can enter arenas under water epedemic can do it under water why u can`t do it in a lava pit

Best answers
Its possible but it won't even look good in hl ..
i mean water flowwing g'luck with it

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm sound's easy but you can burn in the lava.. I can maybe edit the water colors (Doubt it) or make a wad thats lava and can't burn you. I can. Probably.I can't map yet.I will be able to.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You of course could do this, but it wouldn't look that great in HL.
The HL engine can't handle alot of breakables, it lags up really bad when there are alot of them around.
And having a ton of flowing lava would be hard to do as well.
I could try doing it, but I'm still learning as a mapper, and I'm currently having problems with my ESF hull file.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But I WON'T ADD THE BREAKBLE STUFF :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But Flawless Image said he wanted breakable walls in it... :rolleyes:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad then :)

Best answers
hehehehe:laff: i know how you could do it:) i might just have a go myself, it sounds cool:p

***EDIT: i tried a simple version of the entity set up:S... breakable walls:yes:,rising lava:yes:,making lava flow in after wall breaking:no:

Best answers
see i told it would look nice but everything doesn`t have to be breakable at least some thing

and maybe put dragonballs inside a ball or something and the only way u can get them is if u bak them and they`ll fall in the lava pits cool don`t ya think?!

but it is possible for all u ood mappers and beginners test ur skillz
i see all these map final fantasy maps i see maps that hasn`t supposed to be for dbz but people are creative and do it anyway

well if i ever get mapping straight i`m telling u man there will be some bangin maps

Best answers
maybe so... but you have to understand that not everything can be made in halflife. The map you suggested would be great but there are limitations to what you can achieve. From what ive tried, there isnt the right entities to be able to pull off some of that stuff. Im not saying the map cant be made, but it might have to be simplified a bit.

Best answers
epedemic optikz made a map but it got messed up but but he had the map filled with water(exept the sky but he had a huge cave under water that had a little door in it and if u enter there is a arena where cell fought but it was tight raw and hot iliked and anyone that doesn`t like ya crazy but make it similar to that and anyway epedemic if u come in this thread give it another try it was raw

probs epedemic:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom