Can any 1 make a Cel-Shaded map??

Best answers
Can any 1 make a map like cartoon Cel-Shaded DBZ map for ESF???
id realy like that :talk: :talk:

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I understand, it would take someone about 5 times longer to make a cel shaded map with hl then it would making a normal one. There is so much work that needs to be done to get that effect. I really do not think anyone will make one but I too would really like to see a map done with the "cel shading" effect.

Best answers
It would be hard because all off the textures would have to be cel-shaded , but yes it would be nice if it wasnt so much work

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hmm ... well, to make the black borders you yould use a func_illusionary with one side black adn the rest blue ... but you would need several brushes for each corner because of the different view angles >_>
seems to be something interesting to test out in a small testmap ... :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Er, I remember reading a tutorial for it once. You make a box. Make another box around it (bigger, ofcourse, not by much). The bigger box should be hollow; it should be a Func_Illusionary assigned the the texture "{blue" (in HL.wad). Only the inside of the hallow box's faces should be a pure black texture. Don't qoute me on this; it may be inaccurate.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what is cell shading anyway. im unfamiliar with it....

Best answers
Cell-Shading is a cartoonish way of pictures. Look at images from DragonBall Budokai 2 and you'll see.

Best answers
Cel-shading is an effect that is used to create an illusion of making a 3 dimensional scene (or object) look 2 dimensional (in this case, a cartoon) by creating clear black lines in the model (mostly not on the skin).

Auto Modellista is a great cel-shaded arcade racing game developed by Capcom, here's a screenie to go with my explanation.

Best answers
Well there is a map de_simpsons for counter-strike that is very cartoonish.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hmm, check out Buzzybots (A HL Mod) i believe that was a prime example of HL cell shading in maps.

Best answers
the pic u posted is for seriouski and this is for serious sam 2nd encounter

this is esf which is for hl
this means it needs much more work then in hl
ski has a cellshader buildin thats why it looked so

Best answers
it would be stupid to make a cel-shade map/models Reson. The HL engien cant take it, i worked for a mod but we try make maps and models cel-shared and OMG it lagged the hl engien simply cant take it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did download cell shaded models at one point in time, and they looked pretty damn good, but i can't remember what happend to them o.0

Without out cell shaded characters, a cell shaded map would look dumb.

Best answers
Well I got an idea of how to cel-shade a map but you going to need to know how to model.

You make your map fully and once finished you export it to .dxf format and import it into your modeling progam. Then invert faces and texture them all black. make sure the faces are the correct hight(Meaning lower will go into the floor and higher will let you look like floating. Then you export it to an smd file for half-life and do cg file and compile.(if the map is to big use to submodels, like body one is half the map and the second body is the otherside of the map. After you got the model place the model entinty directly in the center of the map. Then compile your map and tada cell shade map.

Best answers
if i know how to make it .. i think i will learn and try to make it... but it's taking a long time .. i'm making a map pack too ... but i'll learn it and try..yea:]

Best answers
It thought that idea when I was reading the thread 2 min ago

Best answers
i dunno how to do it so i can use some help.. and i will try it until i did it:)
ps. i can't model ... dunno if i need to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom