Call of Duty 3 Video (Wii)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://gonintendo.com/?p=5763

The controls for Metriod Prime 3 didn't impress me
The controls for Red Steal REALLY didn't impress me
I have to say, this video did impress me. From the looks of it, the controls are nailed down.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Had to turn it off 4 minutes in. People pacing back and forth pissed me off too much to give a **** to keep watching.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
Had to turn it off 4 minutes in. People pacing back and forth pissed me off too much to give a **** to keep watching.
Yeah, I hear you. That was annoying.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Eh, looks decent, I probably won't pick it up (really sick of any WWII title atm, heh) Prime 3 does look insanely promising though, sucks it's not launch.

Just love how awesome the FPS's are going to be though.

Best answers
Looks nice, I still think ill stick with red steel though, just more my sort of game...katana fights and such...plus im having faith that the controls will be fixed up before launch.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Magus said:
Eh, looks decent, I probably won't pick it up (really sick of any WWII title atm, heh) Prime 3 does look insanely promising though, sucks it's not launch.
It's better that way, you can wait to get a Wii, and hopefully any launch problems will have been ironed out by then.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Launch problems? The GC was the only machine not to explode last gen, and the wii is only built up off that (not to mention it doesn't guzzle power like a fat kid guzzles cake), nintendo is absoulutly up there when it comes to quality machines, I find it hard to believe there will be any ps2 / Xbox / Xbox360 type flaws happening.

Best answers
The fact that it looks like call of duty 1 on the "wii" doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that the so called "nextgen control system" really doesn't look so impressive at all.

Take MP3 for an example, watch any ingame movie you can find and you'll be stunned how big of a problem it is to aim, and the slightest bad move you do with your hand is fatal and will end up you fireing at a wall or the ceiling.

No i'm not a nintendo hater, no i don't hate wii, infact i quite like the console itself, but the controller? no way in hell i'd spend money on it.

Call of duty3 in general looks neat though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saturn said:
The fact that it looks like call of duty 1 on the "wii" doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that the so called "nextgen control system" really doesn't look so impressive at all.

Take MP3 for an example, watch any ingame movie you can find and you'll be stunned how big of a problem it is to aim, and the slightest bad move you do with your hand is fatal and will end up you fireing at a wall or the ceiling.

No i'm not a nintendo hater, no i don't hate wii, infact i quite like the console itself, but the controller? no way in hell i'd spend money on it.

Call of duty3 in general looks neat though.
Love how you can tell how "bad" the graphics are on a low res video. I wish I could do that. Let's not forget the constant people moving back and forth.

The slightest move? Sorry, but I have no intention of suddently going "OMG i just had a major muscle spasm and because of it I missed the guy, resulting in my hitting the wall, my life is over kill me now" The only time I plan on "missing" because of a jerk of the wrist would be a cough or a sneeze, but I can garauntee you the same thing will happen on a regular controller.

I'd also love to know how you know how hard it is to aim. I didn't know pointing and clicking was so hard. I should stop playing FPS on my computer with my keyboard and mouse then. It's too hard to point and click.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what else is apparently very hard? Being respectful of others' opinions. We seem to be having a lot of trouble with that on this forum lately.

Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, boys. Carry on.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saturn said:
I was under the impression that they've reworked the aiming in MP3 heavily since E3. If, indeed, you are considering the videos that were shown then (likely the case, as I'm not sure that there has been much in the way of new media since then), you should disregard the sloppy-looking system that involved the "light" area in the middle of the screen that controlled the aim (and was rather touchy) surrounded by the "darker" area that controlled where Samus was looking.

I'm hoping that CoD3 will have skipped that system, as there were several complaints about it from E3 (or so I've heard). Otherwise, it's good to see that some more "mainstream" titles are migrating onto the Wii. It should make for an interesting year =]

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if it was just the guy playing, but the movement looked choppy and unnatural. :x

Best answers
Chris` said:
Love how you can tell how "bad" the graphics are on a low res video. I wish I could do that. Let's not forget the constant people moving back and forth.

The slightest move? Sorry, but I have no intention of suddently going "OMG i just had a major muscle spasm and because of it I missed the guy, resulting in my hitting the wall, my life is over kill me now" The only time I plan on "missing" because of a jerk of the wrist would be a cough or a sneeze, but I can garauntee you the same thing will happen on a regular controller.

I'd also love to know how you know how hard it is to aim. I didn't know pointing and clicking was so hard. I should stop playing FPS on my computer with my keyboard and mouse then. It's too hard to point and click.
Just stating my opinion, no need to go all pissed at me.

1. Movie wasn't that low-res.
2. How hard it is to aim all depends on how far you are from the screen/display, the farther away the more sensitivity, in a fake way.
3. I wish i could share your enthusiasm on "just point and click", fps games doesn't work that way. Sorry.

It all remains to see, but i doubt the whole concept of Wii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom