Call me crash for now on ;)

Best answers
Well, im sure some people are familiar with my 88' Yamaha Blaster that was in one of my pics i posted in the Pix thread. Well, this weekend I took it up north with my cousin this weekend in the trails for the first time ever. My cousin (who happens to be a 9 year old girl) and I were driving our quads.

She has a 2006 Honda TRX250 EX 4-wheeler. We were both driving at top speed and I drove ahead of her and parked on the side of the trail (in an open field) waiting for her to pass me. I was facing her and she was going about 40 mph. She was a good distance away from me when out of nowhere she swerved to the right. Her front right tire hit my front right tire and it sent her flying about 12 feet or so. Her quad went flying with her and my quad instantly shut down.

She was on the ground and I was shooken up and scared (i wasnt hurt though). So I ran over and shut down her 4-wheeler. Then I ran over to her and had to calm her down. She got hit in between her pelvis and her rib cage on her right side. (keep in mind, she is only 9 years old)

Damage report: My quad has a bent upper right A-arm and I think that is it.
Her quad has a broken tie rod, bent upper and lower A-arms, bent rim, and she hit me so hard that her tire EXPLODED. Luckily she is alright, but the quad is brand new and has NO insurance. (my uncle couldnt buy some, because it was so new)

So my question is this... How much is it for a new Upper right A-arm and how hard is it to change it? And has anyone else had an accident on a recreational vehicle before?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Posting pictures of the damage would be helpful for people to make an estimate on what it might cost to repair. I don't know much about 4-wheelers seeing as I dirt bike, so I can't tell you how to fix it. Sorry =/

So I hear your cousin is available- name and number plz :x

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Cough*...
So.. Apparently you care more about the quad more then your nine year old cousin.. Right...

Anyways, I'm not to sure on parts but I think they shouldnt be too expensive.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If you asked how much to fix a brandnew Peugeot 307 with a broken axle, drive-train, sump and gearbox I could help you.

Post pics though, that might help. Glad to hear both you and your cousin are ok though.

Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
*Cough*...
So.. Apparently you care more about the quad more then your nine year old cousin.. Right...
where did you get that idea from? She is doing alright, just a little sore.

I'll post pics later on tonight, I just took off both wheels and My A-arm is bent a little bit, but the part that is connected to both A-arms, the tire, the disk breaks and the tie rod is bent bad, and that is causing the tilt in the tire. I dont know what it is called though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You said your wheel was bent, my guess is the axle is off, or something to that degree. If so, I'd say get a blow torch, or something to heat up the metal and bend it back.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The real moral of the story here? Nine year olds shouldn't be driving 40 mph on an ATV. She is either a terrible driver, or the quad caught something in the trail that caused the wheel to jerk and her arms weren't strong enough to sustain control. That or both.

Good times... good times.

How much is it for a new Upper right A-arm and how hard is it to change it? And has anyone else had an accident on a recreational vehicle before?
Do you want us to call a repair shop or what? Don't they have those in Michigan? I bet you could call them, and say "How much is it for a new Upper right A-arm and how hard is it to change it?" and they could give you a more accurate quote than any of us can. But since you asked, six hundred and seventy eight thousand euros.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
She was on the ground and I was shooken up and scared (i wasnt hurt though). So I ran over and shut down her 4-wheeler. Then I ran over to her and had to calm her down.
Oh yeah, you should definately, definately tend to the quad before your cousin. Sucks what happened though, sorry to hear it.

Best answers
I shut down her Honda first because I wasnt sure what it would do being left on and just gone through a crash. It could've done anything... i dunno, i wasnt thinking when It happened. I just ran over to the quad and killed it before something happened.

Dust got in my cousin's eyes, thats why she swerved. That, and the trail is bumpy, im sure that he had trouble keeping control when going over the bumps.

Thats not the point though, I didnt post pics yet, I was too lazy and wanted to watch Wrestling. :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
Oh yeah, you should definately, definately tend to the quad before your cousin. Sucks what happened though, sorry to hear it.
Of course 4 wheelers don't have burning exaust pipes or hot engine that could possibley burn her. Of course. And then moving the 4-wheeler to a safe distance away from her is a stupid idea as well. It's a common safety feature, always shut it down if an accident happens. Dirt bikes you don't need to worry about because they'll stall- I'm not sure about 4-wheelers.

Best answers

Does anyone know what that black part is called? mine is twisted, i can't bend it back too easily, so im gonna buy a new one... but I dont know what to order since i dont know what it is called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom