Cache_UnlinkLRU: NULL link

Best answers
When I`am playin open_beta, it suddenly stops and shuts down then it says FATAL ERROR Cache_UnlinkLRU: NULL link. Its really annoying when I`m close to transform:cry: ;( What can i do to fix this?? Its half-life fatal error

Mog

Best answers
Well I don't understand much about the "Unlink" part, but "LRU" is about the the Least Recently Used data that was cached in memory.
I think this process happens when there's not enough memory left to cache new data... so it decides it needs to delete and write over the cached stuff used longest ago.

However, something seems to have gone wrong is this process...
I'm guessing it failed to detect what it was supposed to delete, got confused, and then error'd.
One way to fix this might be to get more RAM, or somehow give Half-Life more memory to use.

Lol, Sorry I couldn't explain that in a simple way at all could I?
My posts always go on too long with lots of un-necessary rambling... :smile:

Best answers
I fully understood that.:smile: I know all about computer components, programs etc. But i dont understand the computer language quite yet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get MaxMem. It's a program that frees your virtual memory and optimizes your PC's performance by doing so. Your PC will run smoothly, and probably the same is true for games. Long story short, it frees RAM. If you have RAM, that error won't happen.

Best answers
Get MaxMem. It's a program that frees your virtual memory and optimizes your PC's performance by doing so. Your PC will run smoothly, and probably the same is true for games. Long story short, it frees RAM. If you have RAM, that error won't happen.
Thanks!:smile: I already solved the problem:) , but this helps me to insure that theres no further difficulties

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom