C&C Reborn to be released this month!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.moddb.com/games/631/cnc-reborn

--

So yeah, getting pretty pumped since i am a very old C&C fan.
Now after 4-5 years after the developers changed, it got a whole new engine - it's going to get released.

It was developed for Renegade, but EA has granted an permission to make it a standalone game. This means, that anyone can play it without buying renegade.

So what i suggest is, that we should play this game as a whole big group if there's any other c&c diggers out there to get everything out of it.

Oh yeah, and it's based on tiberian sun - it's one of the most kickass c&c's of all time , both music and graphic wise (even though it is 2d, you can go ahead and search for any other game that is as detailed and nice looking as this 9-year old game).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't keep up on C&C news much, so you'll have to forgive me.

You mentioned this is using a modified Renegade engine? Or rather, an engine that was to be used for Renegade?

Does that mean Reborn is a first person shooter? Or is it a traditional RTS?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an fps game mixed with rts elements, not as in if you could be able to control from base a group of soldiers or such, but you know what i mean.

And yes, i hear it had it's engine mixed up with Source engine or something, not sure though.
If you watch the dev pictures ( also ingame )from 1-2 years ago of Mammoth MK II, Titan, banshee - you'll see how it looks almost exact to the cinematics on tiberian sun , so they must have had the engine tweaked to get better graphics pushed out.

EDIT : Too bad. For unknown reason, they have deleted almost all the old pics... These new ones don't look that impressive, but i can see somewhat nice effects (see obelisk of light's beacon textures).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres another game: Tiberium or something.

Takes place 10 years after CnC3 Tib Wars. An fps. I guess Kanes wrath is supposed to fill in the time line between the 2 games.

And you also get a Red Alert 3 Beta Key

Best answers
I'm down, I love CNC games with all my heart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom