Bye bye rock :'[

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, I became less interested into Rock and Metal. I listened to it practically everyday, and then one day I got sick of it because its the same thing all over again! Ugh, the past weeks I've been listening to some hop and rap and I say wow, it sounds better for my ears. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some artists out here... just not the typical gangster rap like Eminem or 50 Cent. I know we got some people who listen to pop here. o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AZ
Blackalicious
OutKast
Black Star
DJ Shadow
NaS
Wu-Tang

stuff produced by DJ Premier is good

uh

not all rock and metal is the same >_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks hehe, I know rock and metal isn't the same but still when you listen to 999 songs on iTunes everday and its all rock and metal, it sounds all the same. :/

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, this is a thread I will enjoy.

The first hip-hop album you need to listen to is Wu-Tang's 36 Chambers. (It's the medicine)

Then move on to the newer stuff... Nas, AZ, Jay-Z, Group Home, Mobb Deep, Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, and Gangstarr.

After that, go back to solo Wu-Tang stuff... especially anything by GZA, Raekwon, or Ghostface Killah.

Once you feel comfortable with all of the above... listen to the clutchest album ever... Outkast's ATLIENS.

After that... go underground... and make sure anything produced by 9th Wonder or Alchemist is a priority.

Also, as far as the current state of rap/hip-hop... avoid falling into the endless cycle that is snap music... and don't take crunk, seriously.

PM me if you're interested in any further advice I can give you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No! Don't go over to the dark side!

What you need is just some variety to the rock and metal you listen to. Metal is a very diverse genre in itself (same with rock, but less so imo). There are many good metal bands with their own unique sound. If you want something different, tell us what you were listening to, and we can introduce you to some new stuff, but whatever you do, I implore you, don't listen to hip hop and rap!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i reccomend a bullet in your head.

and no i wasn't suggesting suicide (although go for it if you like). it's a song by Rage Against The Machine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROFL, wow. I'm not going to like really stop listening to rock and metal. I just want to listen to something new, maybe I should have said that in the first post. I only found like three of the artist of the ones suggested above. Nas, DJ Shadow, and Blackalicious. I didn't find the other ones too interesting...

I still listen to some DragonForce and SOAD. Anything else... bah. I did listen to some Tool and APC... got boring as well. D;

Best answers
Hey, if you'd like I could put together a playlist on Imeem for you. (You could just stream it instantly to see if you like what I put together)

Just some random songs that will have you chillin'

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure if you want, maybe that'd be easier then finding samples or on MySpace.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROFL, wow. I'm not going to like really stop listening to rock and metal. I just want to listen to something new, maybe I should have said that in the first post. I only found like three of the artist of the ones suggested above. Nas, DJ Shadow, and Blackalicious. I didn't find the other ones too interesting..

I still listen to some DragonForce and SOAD. Anything else... bah. I did listen to some Tool and APC... got boring as well. D;
Phew, you had me worried there.

If you like power metal, I would strongly recommend (bolded for emphasis of how strong this recommendation is) Sonata Arctica. Same genre as DragonForce, but with a softer sound, less of that 'brick wall of guitar awesome grinding into your skull' feel, and it causes fewer seizures.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Timbaland - If you havent heard it yet this song is pretty sweet it called "The way I are"

T.I. - What You Know
Chamillionaire
Nelly
Jay-Z
Ice Cube
Rhianna
Young Jeezy
LIL’ Jon
Ludacris
The Game
Akon
Eve
Fergie

Ice Cube ft Westside Connection - Bow Down
Luniz - I got 5 on it
Youngbloodz - Lean Low
Jet Fuel featuring Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - Take This Party Higher
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Jakalope - Pretty life
Mary J. Blige - Family Affair

more on the rock side but meh
Kazy - Choke (their website is pretty sweet http://kazymusic.com/index_withintro.html)

You should mix it up, have a bunch of genres and possibly different languages. I'v got some songs in my playlist that I have no clue whats being said it just sounds good.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, the only West Coast song I recommend right now is...

Ice Cube - Good Day

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, I became less interested into Rock and Metal. I listened to it practically everyday, and then one day I got sick of it because its the same thing all over again! Ugh, the past weeks I've been listening to some hop and rap and I say wow, it sounds better for my ears. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some artists out here... just not the typical gangster rap like Eminem or 50 Cent. I know we got some people who listen to pop here. o_o
Wu-Tang Clan
Lords of the Underground
Das EFX
Goodie Mob
Mobb Deep
Method Man and/or Redman
Onyx
Rakim
Souls of Mischief
Hieroglyphics

You can also check out this website for a lot of artists from different genres - http://music.download.com/

Best answers
For some nice metal bands i listen to (you said you'd still listen to metal):

Ensiferum
M?negarm
In flames
Finntroll
Children of bodom
Demon hunter
Waylander

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phew, you had me worried there.

If you like power metal, I would strongly recommend (bolded for emphasis of how strong this recommendation is) Sonata Arctica. Same genre as DragonForce, but with a softer sound, less of that 'brick wall of guitar awesome grinding into your skull' feel, and it causes fewer seizures.
Wow... you know what... I love you. I just found a new band to listen to for a while. o_o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no love for rage against the machine/?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try Nas or Outkast.

Everyone else is garbage.

And oh yeah. Method Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom