Buying a new laptop

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depending on the budget i recommend 1 or 3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first one only has an i3 CPU, whereas the two next ones have i5. The third one has more graphics memory than number two. Overall they look pretty evenly matched, but going for pure specs, I'd get the DV6-2170. You might want to check up reviews on it, see if it has any characteristic problems.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks. I think I'm going to go with the 2170, though I don't know if the slightly higher specs warrants an extra 120 dollars

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Don't buy Acer, ever. Their computers are horrible. Sure, they're cheap, but you get what you pay for. And it's not much.

I love HP, I stand by them 100%. I think they're fantastic computers. However, I'm willing to bet you can get them on Ebay for way cheaper than amazon.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, thanks for the advice on avoiding Acer. I have an HP desktop and laptop, love the desktop but the laptop now refuses to start up 19 out of 20 times. I've had the laptop for about three years, though, so I guess that's fine.

As for ebay, I refuse to use that site, don't trust it. I think I might buy a laptop directly from the HP site, I'm pretty sure they offer a discount to students.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Do they now? I'll have to check that out? Regardless, I still love HP, I have a 16" HP HDX 16. It's a phenomenal computer, aside from it gets a little warm on the left side. But it's a laptop, what can you do?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Never been an HP fan I must say. Their lack in drivers are terrible in my very own opinion when it comes to OS upgrades. But then again, that could be just the desktops.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If all you want to do is run VS2010, go the cheapest. It's not a particularly high demand application.

Also +1 for being a .NET developer /me hi-5's you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom