Buy PS3 version of Portal 2, recieve PC version on Steam for free

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Sweet, I'll buy the ps3 version, even though I don't have a ps3, get the PC version, then sell the ps3 version. Free games rock.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ever thaught it might be tied to your psn account via steam if not epic if so no selling it

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you guys might be underestimating Valve. I don't think they would go forward with this plan unless they were sure they could stop the inevitable resale market that would result.

If I had to guess, if you want to get access to the PC version of Portal 2, you're then going to have to sign into the Steam service on the PS3 every time you want to play the game, similar to how you must do so in the PC. Are you willing to give some stranger access to your PC steam account?

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you already bought the game from the company it doesnt matter if you are reselling it to your grandma or anyone, the money you spent are in their pockets, its yours what to do with the game afterwards

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there a Steam service on the PS3 then? No. And I don't think Sony would like it to have Steam as service next to their PSN service.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me 2 but its a lot of money to spend (if you dont have a good tv like me :((( )

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can save the money up to buy it, but I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii already. Blu-ray, steam and the fact that my brother has one make it more appealing every day though.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there a Steam service on the PS3 then? No. And I don't think Sony would like it to have Steam as service next to their PSN service.
Depends on what you mean by Steam service. They're bringing a lot of the functionality of Steam onto the PS3. You won't be able to buy games like on Steam, but the automatic updates, servers, steam cloud, all that good stuff is going to be on PS3.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on what you mean by Steam service. They're bringing a lot of the functionality of Steam onto the PS3. You won't be able to buy games like on Steam, but the automatic updates, servers, steam cloud, all that good stuff is going to be on PS3.
There is some speculation that Sony and Valve are working out even more Steam-platform-on-PS3 stuff today thanks to coments by Doug Lombardi to the press.

"We are hoping other titles will benefit from the Steamworks tools and services we've created for Portal 2 PS3, but we don't have anything to announce today."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/01/portal-on-playstation-3.ars

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll buy it and give PS3 version to my friend :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In that case, should be pretty nice. I guess we'll find out though. Steam has always had some wacky offers so far, so undoubtedly, this will sell well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom