Buu's Henka Beam changes

Best answers
Hello, I though of starting off my first post with what i think is a good suggestion, ive been browising the forums and playing the game for a long time. For poeple that dont know, Henka Beam is Buu's Candy beam. I call it by its japanese name since it sounds much better.

How it works:

Just like a Generic beam, with perhaps 1/2 or 3/4's the power of a full charged gen beam. It charges 1/2 faster than a gen beam. it could have a 5 or 10 second cooldown (it should cost little to no Ki to fire, hence the cooldown suggestion).Now, if the beam hits an enemy with 20,15 or 10 hp or less (I cant seem to pick one, since i dont know everything the devs doing for 1.3(i dont know but they keep hinting some secrets or something)) The Attacker and Defender enter a struggle. The struggle is purely based on how much KI you both currently have (Ki, not Power Level), this way a new player using buu will have a chance against a SSj3 Goku.If the beam hits an enemy with more than 10,15,20hp (again i cant pick) it deals damage as normal.

Durring the struggle (which should last around 1 or 2 seconds) both of the player's Ki are drained, if the defender runs out first, the attacker gets the usual "select a candy screen". if the attacker runs out first, the defender is turned into a coffee-flavored jawbreaker and yes thats right he can fight, the defender gains 10hp. The Incredible Fighting Candy can only use Melee (Which is enough for most players) and moves twice as fast (can still teleport,swoop,turbo ect.). If both run out of Ki during the struggle at the same time, the Henka Beam fails and nothing happens. If Mr.Jawbreaker gets hit by another Henka beam (Allied or Enemy) or if the attacker dies in any way, He turns back to normal.

Also, Durring the struggle it would be nice if the defender had the same pose Vegetto had when he was turning into candy (you know, the crasy "oh no! im gonna be candy" pose.)

Possible Problems:

1)Genraka, that would be too much work!

1 more animation for all characters, 1 or 2 new sprites, and a mini character which anyone can make using the sphere tool on a modeling program. How is it hard to do that? Making a small ball using Milkshape (or something else)painting it brown and making it move back,forth,left and right. It should be a breath of fresh air in my opinion after doing all them complex models and animations.

2)It works fine the way it is!

Yes,but should it stay that way? 1.3 will be the last version and the devs should do all the can to make it the best in every single way. besides do you really like the amasingly basic way it works now ("uugh,ouch,uugh,ouch,uugh,ouch,uugh,ouch,poof,crunch")?

3)You have a good suggestion but this and that is wrong, it should be like
this and that!

Good! thats why this is in the suggestion forums, if you dont like something that i wrote, suggest something to make it better.

4) But Vegetto was the only one strong enough to fight durring candy mode!

So? this is a game and its ment to be fun, not everything has to follow the exact same rules as in the anime.

To Summerise:

1) Henka Beam works just like a gen Beam with 1/2 the power and charging speed.

2) If the Beam hits an enemy above 10 (or 15 or 20)hp the defender takes damage as normal

3) If the Beam hits an enemy below 10 (or 15 or 20)hp both the attacker and defender enter a struggle which drains their Ki really fast (struggle should last 1 or 2 seconds).If the Defender runs out first, the attacker gets the usual "select a candy" screen.if the attacker runs out, the defender gains 10hp and is turned in to the incredible fighting candy (who can only use melee, moves twice as fast, and can still swoop,turbo,teleport ect) If both run out first, nothing happens.

4)If the attacker dies in anyway or if the Jawbreaker is hit with another Henka beam (Allied or Enemy) he turns back to normal.

Other Buu suggestions:

Regeneration: Should work as a one time per life heal. It should have a
2 or 3 second charge time and should grant 10 or 20 extra health.

Goals of this Suggestion:

1)Higher Quality Henka Beam (Better animations and sprites)

2)More fun to use (insted of bashing the enemy into the ground, firing the beam
and hearing "uugh,ouch,uugh,ouch,uugh,ouch,uugh,ouch,poof,crunch"

If you guys can make up a better way for the struggle to resolve then it would be great (Im not too sure about the ki draining thing)

Also, dont mind my spelling, english isnt my main language.

Please type "/sign" if you agree with my suggestion(s) or type "/unsign" if
you disagree and please write a suggestion on how to improve the suggestion.

EDIT:

Alternate Henka Beam Suggestion:

1) Henka Beam works just like a Generic Beam with 1/2 the power and charging speed.

2) If the Beam hits an enemy above 10 (or 15 or 20)hp the defender takes damage as normal

3) If the Beam hits an enemy below 10 (or 15 or 20)hp both the attacker and defender enter a struggle which drains their Ki really fast (struggle should last 1 or 2 seconds).If the Defender runs out first, the attacker gets the usual "select a candy" screen.if the attacker runs out, or if both run out at the same time, nothing happens

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
/sign I like it :yes: :D its very cool especialy when I see that "incredible fighthing candy" looks goood much work for the team but is cool

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/unsign well this will make buu more unbalance your sugestion has potential but yes it's had to make those animation's , i like the way it is , and as for the new esf it will be to balance "Other Buu suggestions:

Regeneration: Should work as a one time per life heal. It should have a
2 or 3 second charge time and should grant 10 or 20 extra health." This i like but buu alaws regenerate not only one tine ,
and as you say it's a game it suld be FUN so it donse not need to be like in the SHOW

Best answers
I like it, it keeps the candy beam but makes it a bit more balanced. Althought im not sure about the turning into candy if you lose thing.
Another possible thing would be having two modes for the candy beam but then buu has enough attacks.

Best answers
Well , This will make Buu even more unbalanced than it is. But i like the "Incredible Fighting Candy" Suggestion ,it will be cool to have it in ESF
As for Regeneration it was suggested before by me.

Best answers
Thank you all for the comments. If you think this will make buu unbalanced well i again say that this is why its in the suggestion forum. I think that the current beam is low quality and should be alot more fun to use.

As for the regenaration, I suggested it that way because if its a passive 1 or 2 hp per 2 or 3 seconds people will just run away endlessly until they have enough health to keep fighting. The way i suggested it makes it so Buu has to stand still for a few seconds giving you a chance to interrupt him. The amount of HP gained can be lowered to 10hp, and the current way it works, is nearly useless in a fast pased game like esf.

If we can manage to think up a better way for the struggle to resolve (stamina system maybe?) then i belive it will be balanced. The whole jawbraker thing i made it so the Beam backfired at the Buu player, we can leave this part out if nessesary as the whole point of this suggetion is to make the Henka Beam work similar to a Generic Beam. Again everything is up for discussion (Beams Ki cost, Struggle, Jawbreaker, Everything.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldnt guys just get turned into candy just to became so freekin fast and kill everyone before they even notice u ?

It won't unballance buu as much as all the other chars XD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i like the charge idea. But i realy dont like the ide of playing a candyball >.<

Best answers
I give up, Will a moderator be kind enough to close this thread and permanently ban my account?

Socializing is overrated.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Genraka said:
I give up, Will a moderator be kind enough to close this thread and permanently ban my account?

Socializing is overrated.
Lol why. People like your idea. Its just the fighting candy part thats kinda strange. But you gave a good suggestion on how to balance the attack.

Wouldnt it be easier that if the defender wins nothing happens to him. And since the attacker is out of KI that screams for a free melee hit ^^

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because you like the idea yourself, does not mean everyone else will like it. Some people will, other people will partially like it and maybe some others won't like it at all, hence why this is called a forum.

Anyway. The beam is already quite good with it's damage and charge, so changing those aspects will have to wait untill you guys get more info on the new melee. (Melee really affects this attack so..)

I wouldn't mind being turned into a fighting candy though ^_^ But it would have to emit light or be a lot bigger then that tiny thing from the show. Or else people would barely be able to see someone in his/her candy form.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sought of do like this idea, maybe the beam in it's current form could be changed to secondary fire and the way you suggested it works to primary fire. Having the current way of how the attack is performed on secondary fire is to make the attack also have use without having to charge on opponents who are already low on hp, and it takes longer for the current way it works to turn them into candy anyway depending on your opponent's skill aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom