Butter milk: Don't do it.

Butter milk is the best tasting drink....ever.

• Hell yes man, that stuff's the ****!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh god no.

• Meh, it's okay.

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So every Friday in my first period english class 3 or 4 people volunteer to bring in delicious goods so everyone can eat them (we have 2 quizzes in this class every friday =/) So the book we're reading in the class is called "The Bottoms" By Joe R. Landsdale. Awsome book, pick it up.

Anywho: The book takes place on a farm in the early 1900's shortly after the blacks were freed. And the people in the story and the town live in Texas and drink this oh so delicious drink called "Butter Milk" and so this one kid Kevin in my class was like "mmm butter milk that sounds sooooo good" and we got into a huge conversation about how everyone in the class HATES butter milk and how sour and utterly disgusting it is. I've never even heard of it until now. So my teacher told this one girl to bring some in, and she brought in a half gallon of it. (Reduced fat of course, because there is no such thing as fatty foods in Colorado)

So she brought it in today and this kid and my teacher passed it around the class so we could all take a nice wiff, when it got to me I gagged. So the Kevin smells it and he's like "mmmmm smells so good" I knew he was being sarcastic. So no one would drink it. So my teacher decided to "motivate" us to drink it giving anyone a free quiz to whomever drank a full cup of it (they were ****ing huge cups 8 oz. or so)

Chris Jones and I were like "hell yes" and we poured ourselves a glass. In front of everyone we unwillingly downed this entire glass of absolutely horrid disgusting buttermilk. Oh my ****ing god- it was the worst tasting thing on earth.

Then we got to talking about how some people actually like this stuff, and the people that do could drink a **** load of it.

I had to eat doughnuts and a **** load of chocolate milk to get the taste out of my mouth, then i went and bought some gum, and Chris Jones sat by the garbage can thinking he was going to throw up. I thought i would a couple times as well. Even now (4 hours later) my stomach is turning and churning and it sucks.

Do you like buttermilk? If so, how does it taste to you?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why aren't you on vacation?

Buttermilk tastes like donkey testacles. Don't ask the obvious, please.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Why aren't you on vacation?

Buttermilk tastes like donkey testacles. Don't ask the obvious, please.
I had vacation last month in March. That's why bish!

I'm not asking the obvious- apparently (I think it's a myth) some people actually like this stuff.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was under the impression butter-milk was mainly used for cooking. I.e. butter milk pancakes. I'd never drink the stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I was under the impression butter-milk was mainly used for cooking. I.e. butter milk pancakes. I'd never drink the stuff.
Haha nope. That's what I and a few other kids in my class thought.

Buttermilk pancakes are good

Buttermilk is the worst tasting drink on earth. This is an actual drink, you can go to the grocery store and pick it up. It pretty much tastes like you let milk sit on your table for a couple weeks, put it back in the fridge to cool it down, and then drink it. No joke.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I had vacation last month in March. That's why bish!

I'm not asking the obvious- apparently (I think it's a myth) some people actually like this stuff.
I was referring to the "How do you know what donkey testacles taste like roflociraptor!?" question that usually follows.

nge

Best answers
How do you not know what they taste like, zeo? That's the real question here.

I've never had buttermilk. I dunno why but I always kinda invisioned an eggnog type drink, which is amazing. I wanna try some of this crap for laughs now.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I was referring to the "How do you know what donkey testacles taste like roflociraptor!?" question that usually follows.
Hey, I figured if you like to .... do that sorta thing, well that's your business and trust me, I don't want to think about your business.

nge: Well, it is thick like eggnog. If you try it tell me what you think >:E I know i'll get a laugh out of your response.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't put chocolate in that drink before you drank it? Pfft coward. D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does sound good, but the name is quite decieving. I prefer good old ordinary 2%, thank-you.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Buttermilk is an aquired taste, and I happen to like it. I am sure the reduced fat version you got in colorodo is a bastardization of what buttermilk should be. Get some real southern buttermilk. Just like Maple Syrup in Maine and New Hampshire is so much better than anywhere else. If you still don't like it, well, don't drink it. Some people I know won't drink it without brown sugar mixed in. I prefer it plain, but it is ok sweetened up a bit. It is nothing like Egg Nog as far as taste goes (I like eggnog too XD)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
butter milk in cooking, woot! as a drink its nasty >_>

but the best milk? soy milk =) chocolate silk

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was told people like mixing tomato juice with it o.0 nasty.

I only drank it for a free 100% on a quiz. And I don't think you can find whole milk here :( It's kinda sad. If you drink/ eat anything with fat in colorado... well, let's just say things like that should be kept a secret.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I was told people like mixing tomato juice with it o.0 nasty.

I only drank it for a free 100% on a quiz. And I don't think you can find whole milk here :( It's kinda sad. If you drink/ eat anything with fat in colorado... well, let's just say things like that should be kept a secret.
Now now, whole milk is available in any local super market, I should know, I prefer it :p Unless you live in like Boulder or something. (You live in one of those suburbs south of Denver, right?)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
Now now, whole milk is available in any local super market, I should know, I prefer it :p Unless you live in like Boulder or something. (You live in one of those suburbs south of Denver, right?)
Yeah luckily they sell whole milk where i live (thank you GOD)

But when I go to boulder (My dad's gf lives there) it's horrible. Absolutely horrible. I can't eat a ****ing burger. It's like meat and fat don't exist and I hate it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I have tried butter milk, unless it was whole milk...Either way it was fresh milk just not the usual I get. I took a drink, thinking it was my normal milk, then it hit me like bigass, sour, bad-cheese boulder. I rushed to the sink and spat it all out.

One of the most horrible dairy products in my life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it that hard to find normal-fat foods in Colorado?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Is it that hard to find normal-fat foods in Colorado?
Depends on what part of the state you're in, som places(Boulder and other hippy towns) have way too much organic and healthy food crap :( Nothing like the good old synthesized stuff with the nice health chemicals.

Anyhow, we're goin off topic with this, but I felt the need to answer your question. Perhaps a new thread is in order! Or maybe not as it's not important :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom