Burst Limit - Another Gameplay Video

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it'll be as good as budokai3, but then again that still had god awful "interactive cinematic fighting"

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a pretty fun game imo, it's quite nice.

(and for those of you that don't believe I have it yet, which is a lot);

The guys over at the store here must've been confused. Now if only I could get Alone in the Dark..

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I could shop that / how is it >.>?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a bit simpler than Budokai 3 tbh, but it's quite fast paced and the characters are a little more distinct from each other than the previous DBZ games. D:

EDIT: I'll try to answer any questions you guys have the best I can, I've not unlocked everything (long shot, even) but I'll do my best.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently replayed Budokai 3 and it's not even as good as the PSP Budokai games.

I think people let their nostalgia kind of get the better of themselves.

I can't say because I've never played a PSP DBZ game, but after I unlocked all the characters/moves in Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 2, I found myself replaying Budokai 3 more. But Tenkaichi has a better "brutal" feel being able to chase down opponents through mountains and what not.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a pretty fun game imo, it's quite nice.

(and for those of you that don't believe I have it yet, which is a lot);

The guys over at the store here must've been confused. Now if only I could get Alone in the Dark..
Let's see if your still playing it after 3 weeks.

It will determine the game's level of replayability.

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally i enjoyed Tenkaichi3 over Budokai3. Sure its annoying as hell to have to have so many versions before you get anywhere, but that doesnt mean I didnt enjoy clocking each one. I find the replayability of T3 lies in versing mates that actually know the show and how to play it properly. Its a bit restrictive at times, but i like the assorted counter methods. I dont have an xbox, so im a bit disappointed that i wont get to play Burst Limit for a while. Im sure ill enjoy it on several levels, but its a shame its gone backwards in terms of the engine imo.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That trailer was awesome!

And man, the effects just look spectacular for this game! I hope the gameplay feels as epic as it looks. I also hope there's a Wii version...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That trailer was awesome!

And man, the effects just look spectacular for this game! I hope the gameplay feels as epic as it looks. I also hope there's a Wii version...
Not gonna happen I'm afraid.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/czndyWr3yyE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/czndyWr3yyE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yar... I was bored so I recorded it.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Impressive modelling and shaders. I like the whole 'take to the air' and falling sequences. Fighting looks a little cumbersome, and those cinematics must get annoying, and are a tad inaccurate. Some of the sound effects when attacking are too repetitive ('Take this!' just grates on the brain already) Still, Id have fun playing this...

Best answers
Bump
just curious about if the game is out now? i heard the game released on June 5th? if so does anybody have it yet apart from origin and what do you think about it? how is the multiplayer/online system like

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Impressive modelling and shaders. I like the whole 'take to the air' and falling sequences. Fighting looks a little cumbersome, and those cinematics must get annoying, and are a tad inaccurate. Some of the sound effects when attacking are too repetitive ('Take this!' just grates on the brain already) Still, Id have fun playing this...
Read my mind, other than the praise.

Looks pretty bad tbh.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
New observation.

If you've watched Dragon Ball Z before, you know that the environment plays a large role in fights. Taking out environmental interaction from a Dragon Ball Z game, takes out the Dragon in Dragon Ball Z. Therefore, Burst Limit acts as a pure fighter, which isn't what Dragon Ball Z virtually is, so in the end, you are just playing a regular fighting game with Dragon Ball Z characters.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
New observation.

If you've watched Dragon Ball Z before, you know that the environment plays a large role in fights. Taking out environmental interaction from a Dragon Ball Z game, takes out the Dragon in Dragon Ball Z. Therefore, Burst Limit acts as a pure fighter, which isn't what Dragon Ball Z virtually is, so in the end, you are just playing a regular fighting game with Dragon Ball Z characters.
You're right...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually don't really mind that since I'm not that into DBZ anymore.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually don't really mind that since I'm not that into DBZ anymore.
I'm telling you that if a new dbz game was released tomorrow(the most accurate dbz ever;story,map freedom and stuff) you will mind! :)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, problem is, the licensees have milked Dragonball for many years: Bandai. Every once in awhile, the developers may come up with something the fans actually enjoy, however never thoroughly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dragon_Ball_video_games

Had the minds behind development known how many more fans of Dragonball were in America in 2004, than in 1997, a smart person would've demanded a Dragonball Z: Idainaru Densetsu port to the PS2, around the time Dragonball Z got popular on the PS2. Graphics may've been crap, but what are they next to Ultimate Crapple 22? At least Legends had something to its gameplay the fans enjoyed. It wouldn't necessarily be about sales, but fan satisfaction.

Not to mention, at least the Japanese have about 700 more Dragonball games, different types of merchandise, and arcade games, than we do, that will never be imported. Ha. They just got a new revamped Budokai 3 ... for the arcade.

If these companies had actually spent more than 1 year on designing and developing an entire game series, fans would easily have stayed interested in the franchise's game series. Rehashing the same ideas again and again, in a trilogy with minor variation into each game release, and limited 'Dragonball' experience, fans will undoubtedly turn away. As many have. There are many avenues so untouched yet. At least they're working on an MMO- I don't see where that can go wrong.

Now, if any of you have played Burst Limit, you would know how much was left out, in the first of a series, redone all over again--from 5 years ago. For people considering buying Burst Limit, rent it first. If you're a fighting game fan I suppose I can see how the style and idea would interest any fighter fan, but if you're a big fan of Dragonball, prepare to be disappointed once again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom