Burst Limit - Another Gameplay Video

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's nothing other than lazy that they are stoping at the cell saga.
They are just using the same formula that they used way back when, it's the same formula they use to gain more money.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Although I'm impressed with the graphics and what they did with the shading; I still don't like the fact that you lose control of your character because it goes into a "cinematic mode" - any game where I lose control of my character because some other guy is busy charging up a huge energy blast for 10 seconds and unleashing hell while I stand there like "Oh my god it's huge :eek:" instead of moving out of the way. . . no thank you. I like games with depth and counter attacks, not with which combos can beat your combos.
That's why I liked Super Butoden 2, there are cut-scenes when charging up a beam, but it still gives you time to counter or block the attack. But game still looks pretty cool to me and I've never bought into the whole DBZ fighting game franchise, although I've only play the first Budokai (at least I think it was the first one).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The third Budokai is great fun if you play it with a buddy who's somewhat knowledgable on DBZ and enjoys fighting games. There's some crazy **** you can pull off in that game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I much prefer the Budokai style as opposed to the Tenkaichi style. The problem is, it really does look like Budokai 3 with very enhanced graphics. A game worth renting, but I may not buy this. I will decide with the demo :O

Where the hell is the go anywhere/blow up anything/sandbox DBZ game we've been waiting for?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment, I'm still very content with DBZ Another Road for PSP, so I don't think I'll be picking up Burst Limit. It looks like it has some nice eye candy but I really don't see them elevating it much over the established norm.

I'll just wait for Burst Limit 3, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh what I also don't like are the constant cutscenes during the fights. Yea, they want to make it just like the show,
but for this desire, there's the show. I don't want a game in which I lose control everytime my enemy loses 10% of his health,
just so that I see a cutscene which tells me think I already know because I watched the show.
I want awesome fighting with DBZ scale attacks, not an interactive anime.

Edit: I guess this is why most anime games fail for me. I want a game set in a particular anime world,
not the anime in game form. E.g. create a char and go through a story set in the DBZ universe, with appearances of DBZ char's.

Best answers
i bought dbz another road for psp, and i found it very boring, never ever touch the game, i hope burst limit is totaly different even though i see alot of the same moves in the trailers etc

is the demo out for ps3 yet? i cant find it at the ps3 store thingy

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After playing the demo, I'm borderline cool/meh. The cel-shading is top notch but the voice acting made me want to jab burning q-tips in my ears.

Also, I just mashed buttons the whole time.

Best answers
im guessing you played the demo on ps3 from looking at your sig
if so i cant find it at the ps3 store, is the demo out in nz? im not sure if the ps3 store thingy is worldwide, or how it works etc

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After playing the demo, I'm borderline cool/meh. The cel-shading is top notch but the voice acting made me want to jab burning q-tips in my ears.

Also, I just mashed buttons the whole time.
Yeah the graphics are very nice. Fighting is a bit weird...It's like they took the button scheme from Tenkaichi (1 button for "rush attack" and 1 for "Heavy attack"). I still haven't gotten the "pursuit" down. It just throws you into a battle with Radditz or Saibamen, with screen of the controls. Is "Aura Spark" only good for those "Dragon Rush" like moves? Because that's one thing I did not like in Budokai 3.And dashing is VERY slow compared to videos/Budokai 3, probably because Goku is so weak at this point in the story.

I'll rent the game in full to see how these new attacks can be used.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After having played the **** out of Another Road of PSP I REALLY miss having the Aura Burst that you can use to instantly power up your attacks and speed around the arena. It's incredibly useful and even if you were to get hit while moving, you don't flinch, so you can keep moving and attacking. Burst Limit doesn't have this, I don't think, which is a damn shame.

I was pretty impressed with the graphics, although I really don't like the in-game 'blurry' effect. During fights, everything just seemed kind of blurry and it made it a bit harder to concentrate.

Overall, while I was impressed with the presentation, the fighting mechanics aren't as smooth as Another Road's, so I think I'll stick with that for now.

Best answers
thought that was the case, allthough im new to ps3/ps3store itself so yea
i also tried changing the country settings to uk or what ever

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad this one isn't going to be on the PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom