Burning attack

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I have searched the forums and I know there have been threads/complaints on this before, but which I haven't been apart of. I would really like to see the Burning attack be a Ball Beam instead of what it is now. Also, the burning attack should have light rays comming off of it. ALSO, this attack should be much more explosive than in the current beta version. I'm know that many people agree with me, and I would just like to know from a developer's standpoint on why this can't be done for 1.3. IMO trunks is very much out of the running in ESF because his starting attacks are soo weak. but idk, Id just like to know :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what i have been following now is.

Trunks is a Melee Based Char.
Burning Attack is Fast Charged as a Generic Beam but it also Blinds Enemys.
Makes it easier to attack with melee

---
But yeh i also would like to have Burning Attack as an Ball with more Damage.

Best answers
id like to see his burning attack as a ball too instead of a beam and wit some more damage too. people hardly ever use trunks on esf aymore i feel like im the only one. and i dont think he should be the slowest character either i mean hes a melee character he deserves a lil more speed than he does now o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this has been brought up many many times. the reason Burning attack is a beam is because the one who coded it saw burning attack used in an old DBZ game and it was a beam. Most games make it a projectile, but for some reason he played this specific game that made it out to be a beam.

Anyway, its already been discussed and the current form of Burning Attack stays. AT least as far as I know. o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what i have been following now is.

Trunks is a Melee Based Char.
Burning Attack is Fast Charged as a Generic Beam but it also Blinds Enemys.
Makes it easier to attack with melee
i dont see how he would possible be considered a melee character: hes slow, burning attack does have that blind effect but your wasting most of your time aiming it to actually put it to good use, sword can only be used in advanced melee which makes it virtually useless. the only reason i would see is because of ssj but ssj is really slow to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
i dont see how he would possible be considered a melee character: hes slow, burning attack does have that blind effect but your wasting most of your time aiming it to actually put it to good use, sword can only be used in advanced melee which makes it virtually useless. the only reason i would see is because of ssj but ssj is really slow to.
exactly my point... trunks should be one of the faster moving characters in ESF. He is definatly not balanced compared to the other characters. :no:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt say he is a Melee Char. I only posted that Stuff cause SOME people say he is a Melee Char.
And i agree in all points here.

Best answers
trunks should use his sword a little more like he used top in 1.0 and 1.1. he should be a little faster too, but his burning attack isnt bad. it is better as a beam so you can move it. it may not do much damage, but it is usefull.

Best answers
Burning is weaker then gen i think :S so yeah it needs to be much more powerful

also this need to tweek trunks to be a better melee char give him more speed and something with his sword,maybe give it a 5% chance to kill you insently :idea:

also i have no idea what that flamethrower is O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
i dont see how he would possible be considered a melee character
Theres one trait he has on basic melee that noone else has, i dont wanna say because i like using this to my advantage to the ones who like to block and hit back.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks was my favorite character in 1.0 and my favorite character in DBZ. That being said, he sucks horribly in 1.2. The sword gives him no help whatsoever, his speed is to slow for him to be useful in melee and his burning attack could be improved. What I would like to happen:

Speed:
Trunks base speed should be around gokus base speed. When hes transformed, it should either be the same as it is now or around gohans.

His sword:
His sword should be able to be used in both simple melee and advanced. It'll look all nice in pretty in advanced melee and actually be useful in simple.

Burning attack:
Some people want it as a ball, some want it to stay the way it is. Why not give him both? Just like the gen beam, left click is the beam form, right click is the ball form. Problem solved.

Finish Buster:
If the changes above were implemented, this attack should be nurfed a bit.

I think these changes would make trunks actually useful in melee and make him a well balanced character.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd love to use Trunks, he's in fact my favorite DBZ character, but he's just too slow for me. Plus, his attacks aren't really that cool, I'm sad to say. I use Melee most of the time, and his 5% insta-gib move doesn't really make up for it. I admit I could use more practice with him, seeing as how I'm not very good with him, but that's the whole vicious cycle.. if he was a little more powerful and a little more speedy, I'd use him more. I find that most n00bs like to use him and Burning-Attack me in the back sometimes when I'm just done Meleeing some poor sap. >_>;

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres one trait he has on basic melee that noone else has, i dont wanna say because i like using this to my advantage to the ones who like to block and hit back
yeah except for the melee bug trunks has

Best answers
Sub said:
Speed:
Trunks base speed should be around gokus base speed. When hes transformed, it should either be the same as it is now or around gohans.
His sword:
His sword should be able to be used in both simple melee and advanced. It'll look all nice in pretty in advanced melee and actually be useful in simple.
Burning attack:
Some people want it as a ball, some want it to stay the way it is. Why not give him both? Just like the gen beam, left click is the beam form, right click is the ball form. Problem solved.
Finish Buster:
If the changes above were implemented, this attack should be nurfed a bit.
I think these changes would make trunks actually useful in melee and make him a well balanced character.
Pure genious and well said. ESF team i hope your listening.

Best answers
I agree mac, subs idea is brilliant, id LOVE to see it implimented (sorry bout spelling) I doubt it will be, but if it is, GREAT ;D

I find burning attack to be weaker than generic beam, i dont think in the shows that it was that weak, not at alll (but in any case, definetly a ball) He needs to be alot faster, he is very fast in the shows, it would make him alot better just to have a bit more speed (and if it was possible to bring out his sword and perhaps get double damage on striking an oponent, now that would really make him the supreme melee'er :D

Best answers
Yes i agreee completly, but id think finsih buster woudl rpduced a more powerful damage aamount or move at a faster rate sinec it is called a FINSIH buster. but ebyodn that its awsome idea!

Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
Theres one trait he has on basic melee that noone else has, i dont wanna say because i like using this to my advantage to the ones who like to block and hit back.
lol raventrunks i kno that one too :laff: . But this is how i think trunks should be:

1 i think he should be one of the fastest on the game reason being is because its fact hes gettin ussj in 1.3 but its a possibility he'll get uss2 as well he wen he goes those 2 forms his speed is gonna decrease alot.

2 i think he should be able to use his sword in basic melee as well because u can really only use ur sword in adv. melee if u do a combo or a strong attack if someone knos ur gonna do a combo its pretty hard to hit them with it.

3 his burning attack should be stronger it hardly does any damage in normal and its weaker than a gen beam and if it blinds u ur only blind for about 3-5 seconds

4 his finishbuster is also a bit underpowered too its pretty hard to kill someone wit it ive taken a bunch of direct hits from hit b4 and havent died or been close to it.

in all realness trunks in my opinion is like the weakest character on the game and certainly the slowest even after his trans. im a pure trunks user regardless but it gets a bit annoying wen someone whos not on ur skill level is whippin ur ass cus of the speed difference in normal wen they are like goku or vegeta. but trunks needs some serious changes big time ;)

Best answers
he was VERY fast fighting freeza and his dad they coun't keep up with him!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3 his burning attack should be stronger it hardly does any damage in normal and its weaker than a gen beam and if it blinds u ur only blind for about 3-5 seconds
no it doesnt need to be stronger it needs to be unattached cause right now it has no use, what should happen is that you fire it and WHILE its still on route to the opponent you should already be swooping towards him right now you have to wait for the beam to hit and by the time you get there the effect wore off

Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
no it doesnt need to be stronger it needs to be unattached cause right now it has no use, what should happen is that you fire it and WHILE its still on route to the opponent you should already be swooping towards him right now you have to wait for the beam to hit and by the time you get there the effect wore off
thats true i agree wit that but i think it should be stronger as well burning aatack wasnt just trunks regular attack it was his finishing attack its not good as a finishing attack if it does less damage then a generic beam for all that he shouldnt have generic beam burning attack should be his generic beam except wit the ability to blind people for like 2-3 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom