~>Bungie Leaves Microsoft<~ *CONFIRMED*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Source

A friend of mine who has someone close to them that works at Bungie has just been dying to tell me a secret about their future. Since the NDA officially expire today the sent me and email with the details. I have full faith in this contact.

The email is as follows :

"So heres my big secret. You should google Bungie + Microsoft + separation this week.
You know that big ol BILLION dollar franchise Bungie has created for Microsoft, to show their appreciate Microsoft is letting Bungie leave. Of course Microsoft gets to keep all rights to the Halo franchise, but as today Bungie no longer part of Microsoft. Ask anyone who works there to search the global address book, they're no longer in there. Microsoft was supposed to release the press release today but if they wait till the 10/6 the impact wont effect the quarterly results. However today is the actual official date and the day the NDAs expire, however you still didn't hear this from me."

"Apparently MS just wants Bungie to make Halo for the rest of their natural days, and Bungie doesn't like how MS is constantly trying to "handle" everything they do; the way they market their games, the way they interact with their fans (basically the fact that they do appreciate their fans), and how stingie they are with the profits (comparable to the rest of the industry). So as of today they are their own independent entity. They'll probably make Halo 4 for Microsoft, however hey are also free to create new intellectual properties for whatever system they want. (Even though they prefer the xbox platform)"

"What a way to say thank you."
O_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
already been debunked.

Bungie can't leave microsoft anyway, being that microsoft is now a parent company. Some of bungies staff have the choice of leaving, or joining MGS (Microsoft Games Sector). but the majority also have non-compete clauses written into their contracts, which means they couldn't work on anything that even remotely resembles halo while still working for bungie.

good going with your less than reliable source btw. it should be noted that that article was posted by a random user, not an actual member of staff from seattlepi.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brian Jarrard said:
Bungie is privately owned by Bungie, not Microsoft. We are Bungie, LLC now.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/bungie-owns-bungie-the-qa-307656.php

Bungie and Microsoft Corp. today announced a plan for Bungie Studios, the developers of Microsoft’s “Halo” franchise, to become a privately held independent company, Bungie, LLC, in which Microsoft will hold a minority equity interest
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12835

Thread re-opened.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea basically...

Anyway, this is exciting news. Now halo has the opportunity to come to other consoles :D (halo chronicles on the wii :O).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, that's never gonna happen, since microsoft still own some of the rights to the future development, and if i read correctly, they own major rights to the current circulation of games.

anyway, it's not really "bungie leaves microsoft". it's "bungie can now afford to buy themselves BACK from microsoft, but still have to lick their cornhole to do it".

ps. thread closed, since we now have a better one :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The other one got closed too...pick one already...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this going to get closed again or what?

Best answers
Allthough they're still somewhat tied to Microsoft, they are able to make their own decisions now, including developing for different systems.

In a mail to MacWorld, Bungie stated that they're keeping open the possibility to return to Mac (yes return, since they used to be a Mac-only publisher, Halo was going to be Mac-only as well, untill Microsoft bought Bungie and told them to go Windows/X-Box only, with a ****ty port to make years later) in the future.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/05/bungie-splits-from-microsoft-mac-games-ahead/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom