build your own laptop

Best answers
I want to see if i could build my own laptop but i cant find any sites that supply parts like newegg or tigerdirect. does anyone know of any sites that supply parts or any websites that give you tutorials to build one?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Building your own laptop is nowhere NEAR as easy as building a desktop. Not even close. Buy a premade instead.

Best answers
Everyone knows that building a laptop is tons harder than building a PC. I just want to see if i could take a whack at it. I atleast want to find a laptop barebone kit.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here you go!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't recommend it at all. Especially if you haven't (have you?) built a desktop PC before. I haven't seen any laptop barebones kits on any sites I order PC parts from, and I can't imagine them being too popular if they even exist. Just about all you're going to find are websites/places where you order "I want X MB memory, a Y MHz processor, and a CD-RW drive" and they build the laptop for you.

EDIT: After a cursory scan on Google, examples of the above are all I could find while looking for "build your own laptop." That seems like it's the only way to go, really.

This is the second question of yours I've had to answer like this. You really like asking tough questions, don't you? >=]

Best answers
lol sorry :) Yeah I have built my own desktop PC before infact I started a thread about a month ago in the tech help forum asking for help with that same stupid computer. My hard drive went bad and i didn't know it so it caused all kinds of unnecessary problems but just for the record, I knew what I was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom