budokai tenkaichi

Best answers
come on, all of u guys have played it and ive got to say...ITS BOOORIIINGG i got it for christmas and u cant have ingame transformations!!!?? the game was veey long which is a bit of a success compared to the other budokai games, there is no fun in it what so ever, this game is a let down to ATARI who agrees wth me?

Best answers
Well, uh... not me. I think it's the best budokai game so far.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At first I didnt like it because it was so damn hard getting used to the controls. But now that I have it down I enjoy playing it more.
I actually kind of like not having in-game transformations, because In the other Budokai games, I would get all pissed when I descended.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't say I agree with you Alex. I dislike all the other Budokai games. But I love tenkaichi. I was playing it day and night for the short time I rented it for. I even re-rented it when my friend came over so we could play it all night. It's the best dbz game i've ever played. It's just complicated enough to keep it fun for extended periods of time but simple enough to learn in a reasonable amount of time.

It's such an awesome game, you just need to practice and get used to all the attacks and countering. And once you've done that, play the game on the hardest setting. If you aren't pulling your hair out by the root from frustration, you're as excited as you'll ever be to get to the next fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree it was by far the best. I think in fact that next to ESF it is the closest 'true DBZ experience' a video game has ever captured. Too bad there were so few moves and such...

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I think in fact that next to ESF it is the closest 'true DBZ experience' a video game has ever captured.
QFT

But yeah, me and my buddy have these "Game weeks" where we rent a game and try beat it.
We re-rented and played Tenkaichi for over a month..

Best answers
ok well tht was my opinion, ive had the game for 1 week now and im still in ultimate battle mode and im 44th place now ^^ but it didnt take long to get bored of, i still think the other budokai games are better btw the unlocked last gate let me down, infact it took u all the way to when goku was a boy, i thought it would take me to omega shenron etc. and fight all the dragons

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, we are pretty bored of the single player mode though..
We just duel each other now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh I disagree with you completely. I have unlocked eerything and I still find myself going through a bunch of bouts with a computer (or my brother who always resets if I am about to win). You can blow up almost anything, fly, knock a person through something, etc, I don't know how you can not like it.

The only complaints I have is that the movie storylines only had one battle, a lot of the moves were just cloned moves, the computers in ultimate battle mode are have an unfair advantage,and the health was too low.

Best answers
the game would be better if they story mode was the same as budokai 1 because it showed goku actually turning ssj when freiza killed krillin and gohan turning ssj2 etc. i know the features are good but it gets boring after a while

w00t!!!11 im 18th now ^^

Best answers
I don't know if budokai tenkaichy is good, becouse i haven't ever played any of these budokai series, i don't have eneught money to buy PS2 and budokai, i think budokai 3 is more interesting becouse of control settings..
Im a bad boy and am downloading budokai illegaly.:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It only took a couple of days to unlock everything, I adapted to the controls after about two hours on practice mode. My main gripe was the addition of generic moves, which they then copied to just about every character. At least Budokai 3 was original when they made up attacks. Things like 'Explosive Wave', 'Full Powered Energy Ball' and anything ending in the suffix 'Rush'. I could understand if they had to fill gaps but some characters had techniques that they left out. Also where was Dragon Fist? Meta Cooler? Fat Janemba? Bojack Form 1? Omega Shenron? Any of Tao's humourous, deadly 'poke' attacks? Hopefully they'll improve on these for the sequel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The gameplay is good, it's just nowhere near as polished as Budokai 3 was. The attacks, like Ravendust said, all look way too generic and they also don't accurately reflect your character's power. The auras don't look as good as they did in Budokai 3, and the fact that arenas quickly grow too small as you become more skilled is also a minor gripe I have with the game.

I've had more fun with B3 than I did with Budokai Tenkaichi, to be honest. At least the unlockables in B3 actually were worth the trouble, and you could really create your own character by adding or removing attacks and items as you so desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom