Budokai tenkaichi 3 SUCKS

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I started playing it today and it sucks ASS, theres 3-5 levels for a saga, it repeats it self, there is only some new moves but not much and a bit more characters.

As usual budokai repeats itself and it start to get annoyn.

The idea is the less the levels but more fighting per fight. (but lots of things still got skipped)

Like there is a level you fight with all frieza's (You play as frieza until goku shows up) forms until he reaches all of them, (which takes some time) then in the new level goku comes.

its made very carelessly and I expected much more.

New features - 1) Mid battle dialogs and monologues
2) Press R3 for something special that happened in the show (Like power struggle with vegeta at sayian saga with goku or transforming to ssj1 for the first time or vegeta transes to a great ape at sayian saga)
3) More characters and attacks (not much)

What is really ****ty is the less levels (and they did skipped a lot of important and fun levels)

I think the game would be much better if it had the same moves as tenkaichi 2, the R3 feature, the more characters tenkaichi 3 has and keeping the idea of lots of levels like in tenkaichi 2.

DON'T BUY IT, DOWNLOAD IT WITH YOUR A CRAZY FAN OF THAT KIND OF GAMES.

Best answers
First of all there is a topic for BT3
Like they say DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT
You can write in the Atari forums about the lack of levels in the game...

And stop putting so stupid topic names, we can judge by ourselves if we should by the game....thouse kind of topics are REALY annoying !

Best answers
They didn't do anything to it that makes it worse than Tenkaichi 2.

It's a good game, and the problem isn't the game, you seem too ignorant to realize and utilize some of the more advanced techniques in the game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played it, but in my experience with the previous BT's It's a deep game to a certain degree, however from character to character there is minimal variation in tactics. Hence the selling points of BT3 just don't make sense to me, great, more flashy moves and new characters that play exactly like all the others. It's been said time and time again that gameplay > graphics, unless I hear they've made some pretty drastic changes in the gameplay I wont be picking it up. They need to sort out the fact that combo's should be different for different characters, I know the responses to make on the 12 different variations every character may start doing, it becomes more like a game of rock paper scissors most of the time. The combo's need to be so the rhythm and cadence will throw you off more depending on the character you are playing, these formulaic cookie cutter combo's that are seen on every other character you select just do not add that edge of unpredictability that is vital for a beat em up.

I may not buy it, but I can at least throw my opinion out there D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are more combos, but like most DBZ games it gets boring afterwhile if you don't have a buddy around. The story mode does indeed own, the dialogue owns and the events and cut scenes pertain more to the original story. I also noticed that the dialogue is taken straight from the anime, even over the 9,000 statement, I discovered all of this from playing the PAL version of the game yesterday. The American version still isn't out yet, it comes out this Tuesday, the American version is much more fast paced than the JAP version, and the music is better.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no offense, but i dont value your opinion much deco

i could tell by just what you were telling me that they are actually started on the right track towards making the game better (i hate the 1 battle then load dance).

main reason - you didnt list the things that were bad about the game. apparently for you, its a good game only if it has 40+ levels?
how about maps?
characters?
attacks?
gameplay?
story?

DON'T BUY IT, DOWNLOAD IT WITH YOUR A CRAZY FAN OF THAT KIND OF GAMES.
and wtf does this mean?

your very shallow and id advise you never to review a game again.

once again, sorry if this offends you. im just telling the truth.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
They didn't do anything to it that makes it worse than Tenkaichi 2.

It's a good game, and the problem isn't the game, you seem too ignorant to realize and utilize some of the more advanced techniques in the game.
No, im controlling the new advanced tactics and im kicking but, thats not the problem. The problem is how carelessly they did the game from cinematic point of view and how much good parts they skipped, its really annoyn.

And yet again - I AM NOT A BUTTON SMASHER, I do use tactics when needed and sometimes its just fun to to those teleport maneuvers then finish with a big blow :laff: (ESF should have this kinds of blow magnitude, at least the beam and not the explosion if its makes laggy server)

And that is why I love BT2 because they did give a **** about story line.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I haven't played it, but in my experience with the previous BT's It's a deep game to a certain degree, however from character to character there is minimal variation in tactics. Hence the selling points of BT3 just don't make sense to me, great, more flashy moves and new characters that play exactly like all the others. It's been said time and time again that gameplay > graphics, unless I hear they've made some pretty drastic changes in the gameplay I wont be picking it up. They need to sort out the fact that combo's should be different for different characters, I know the responses to make on the 12 different variations every character may start doing, it becomes more like a game of rock paper scissors most of the time. The combo's need to be so the rhythm and cadence will throw you off more depending on the character you are playing, these formulaic cookie cutter combo's that are seen on every other character you select just do not add that edge of unpredictability that is vital for a beat em up.

I may not buy it, but I can at least throw my opinion out there D:

Theres always downloading :D <-- (Notice the smile)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OR you could pay money to rent the game that a team legitimately worked on instead of hassling with ISOs and the what not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's also not nice to double post.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Atari is either going to lose the DBZ franchise or go out of business [One of the CEO's of the company said that he's starting to doubt their ability to continue existing. That's when you know things are bad.]

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30145

Hopefully it'll go to a publisher who can make some truly awesome games.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get why most DBZ games to take off. The general idea of DBZ always seemed fun to me.

You can fly. You can blow up mountains with one hand. You can fight. Yet, not a single DBZ game has made a battle feel epic to me =/. I would think with Next Gen, we could finally see the dream DBZ game, defining the idea of "destructible environment" and "scale", because that's what makes DBZ so game-friendly.

I will definitely rent TK3, maybe even buy it since I did with the last 2, but I am waiting on the first next gen DBZ game.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
First of all there is a topic for BT3
Like they say DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT
You can write in the Atari forums about the lack of levels in the game...

And stop putting so stupid topic names, we can judge by ourselves if we should by the game....thouse kind of topics are REALY annoying !
the topic has been there for ages, discussing the game's progress, the OP decided to make his own review of the game, plus he can make the topic names as stupid as he wants.

like they say don't like a thread DON'T POST IN IT

see what I did there?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I ignored it the first time when I moved the thread but I won't this time. We don't support warez on this forum, never will. ;( <-- (Notice the frown)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel I'm getting mixed messages everywhere, although most of the negatives I've heard have more to do with DBZ itself than the actual game as far as repetetiveness of fighting style and lack of variety among each characters' special attacks go (this however, is a fault of DBZ and not the game; the game is obviously limited to and by it's subject matter). It LOOKS phenominal, though I don't doubt the gameplay will lose it's freshness quickly as with most every game in the Tenkaichi series has. The idea of commentary during combat (which effectively eliminates a lot of the Frieza Saga BS where a hundred tiny battles with their own tiny bits of commenary occur in the preliminaries before Goku can arrive on the battlefield to take over) is a good one, and activation battle-specific events just sounds exciting. I want to buy the game just for that already.

I still wonder just how the cinematics have been improved and in what points in th storyline they occur. Also, I know the topic poster seemed a bit carried away with dislike for the game, but are we really that limited in level selection now? I had thought we had all the same ones from last time with a couple new stages...Forgive me being in the dark, but as this topic is the first mention of the game in over a month, and I typically like hearing how the members here have received the game. I'll definitely buy it regardless, just because my curiosity (and urge to extract whatever new sound effects might be on the disc like the multimedia collecting nerd that I am) will get the better of me. But while I like being surprised, I also like knowing a general figure as to what I should be expecting and what I shouldn't.

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
OR you could pay money to rent the game that a team legitimately worked on instead of hassling with ISOs and the what not.
Pshhhh be a pirate and sink ships!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom