BUDDY suggestions

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MODES:
the buddy should be like a seperate bot that you can switch places with. being a bot itll have 3 modes:

Attack mode
normal mode (exactly what it does now but moves with you)
Defense mode (what it currently does now except stays in place)

Attack mode will consist of holding your cursor thing over an opponent and "activating" the bot. the buddy will then attack the opponent like a bot would. there are 3 levels of bot skill weak (guldo), medium (recoome), hard (burter). 18's buddy (android 17) will be on either medium or hard (depending on how long it takes to get him). of course if ginyu gets more buddies than he has now, like jeice, the skill levels will change to include him.

this would be great for when your getting double teamed and need to buy a minute to recharge or just if you want to do an easy double team on your opponent.

Defense mode will work how it is now only a lot more intelligent and being stationary. the buddy will stay where you summoned it/placed it and consistently blast your opponent as you blast them.

normal mode is exactly how the buddy system is right now

you can cycle through the buddies modes by pressing R. you can lock the buddy on to an opponent during attack mode by either pressing the left and right mouse button at the same time or pressing B (your use command)

EDIT:BUDDY placement
the buddy currently teleports right in front of you and moves right behind you. he should be about a few feet to the right so if you get hit/thrown he wont get smashed with you

Best answers
I definitely agree that the buddy thing should be changed, particularly on the Attack option you mentioned. Different skill levels based on the buddy you have active.

Half the time i end up hitting or killing my own buddy and it pisses me off. He gets in the way all the time. When i get knocked back, i want to switch and continue attacking, but no, he happens to be right behind me and he gets hit too. If i start charging at a guy, he gets in my way and i hit him, knocking 1/2 his hp off. Currently, i only use the buddy as a backup if my hp gets to about 20. Then i switch and let ginyu die.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the main thing i see a problem with right now is that when your getting throw the buddy goes right up behind you and ends up getting smashed along with you

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will realy like if the buddy was like in the old games like King of fightes you pres a buton the buddy will apper and shot a beam or what ever simple melee a guy, and the buddy sould not be on the map but you can change in to him

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well first I wanna say that the buddy isn't some kind of super intellegent bot that fights for you while you're taking a crap. The buddy fights like the player fights, more or less. So I don't see a point in making this "normal" , "medium" and "hard" since overall you're the one who's gonna be controlling the buddy. I do think that the buddy should be stronger however, as it stands now it's easy to kill him.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the buddy doesnt actually fight, it doesnt really do anything but stand 5 inches away and waits to get hit while it fires beams.

but the buddy is gonna have to be able to put up with a server full of ssj's ssj2's ssj3's and ussj's so i think itd be cool if the buddy could teleport out of the way when its gonna get hit instead of just trying to constantly make its way back to you. besides that its gonna be hard fighting an ssj3 and it might be cool to get extra support.

Best answers
yeah, extra support and not getting hit by YOU half the time. That extra support would be nice, it would actually give him a use rather than being a little bit of extra HP when ginyu's about to bite the dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom