BTL - Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Started about 3 hours ago - Heavy WIP

Best answers
lookin good so far, but make the shoulders end at a point to help with deforming, also somthin about looks. . . off, i dunoo tho, maybe its the arms, good start tho

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, your models were getting better, but you've taken a step back with this one. The flow leaves a lot to be desired and the shape is pretty bad even if its' only 900 and something polies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finished Head... or at least I think

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awsome stuff, leave the head alone right now, it looks great!

as for the body, the flow isnt so bad its unrescuable. try making the pecs flow onto the shoulder a little better, your almost there, just not quite.

keep it up!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
awsome stuff, leave the head alone right now, it looks great!

as for the body, the flow isnt so bad its unrescuable. try making the pecs flow onto the shoulder a little better, your almost there, just not quite.

keep it up!
No don't just leave the head alone.. -_-

You can pull a whole lot more shape out of the polies you have, his face from the side is what needs the most shapping it's way too flat.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tek, yes we both know that, but the fact remains, the skill level you and i work on, is completely different to the level growler is on (no offence growler). ive recently come to realise that too much criticism has a negative effect on someones abilities, no matter how well intended it is. so at some point, people should be recognised for the progress they are making. the shape IS good, and yes the polycount IS too high, but does it really matter? right now no, because the shape is the most important part.

Best answers
im gonna have to disagree gir, as a noob modeler my self, id have to say that teks kind of crits would help more, hard critisicm is kinda like boot camp, ittll help a lot more than being babied ( to an extent) as long as its helpfull and actually helps instead of full blown flaming, but maybe thats just me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
im gonna have to disagree gir, as a noob modeler my self, id have to say that teks kind of crits would help more, hard critisicm is kinda like boot camp, ittll help a lot more than being babied ( to an extent) as long as its helpfull and actually helps instead of full blown flaming, but maybe thats just me
I'm gonna have to disagree TRSS. As you are a noob modeler, you shouldn't talk. What I would find helpful is a mixed post containing praises and crits. Now there is a nice healthy duo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to have to disagree with you Growler. There's nothing helpfull in giving people false pride in something that isn't worthy of it. IF you're prompted to keep at it you might have something worthy of being proud of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, Ok then. Let's all agree to close this thread. Agreed? Cool
-Request Closure

Best answers
i might be a noob but look how far ive come in such a short time, and its from helpful crits, not praises, i want to know when something sucks so i know to make change my style instead of keep on sucking ya get it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
i might be a noob but look how far ive come in such a short time, and its from helpful crits, not praises, i want to know when something sucks so i know to make change my style instead of keep on sucking ya get it
No I don't get it, TRSS. Please explain some more. Thanks. What's a critique? Idk. Please someone! I LOSSED MY VERTICIES!
...Get it?
Request Closure-

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler, your Tien looks good but you need to tone down the pride a bit =/. Constructive criticism never hurt anyone. I mean, just look at Luke Skywalker. If Yoda had said "GOOD JOB! YOU KINDA LIFTED UP THAT SHIP IN THE SWAMP! "A" FOR EFFORT!" and didn't try to get him to reach his full potential, we'd all be living under Nazi rule.

Anyway, the torso looks a little small compared to the legs, and his hips are really pointy, but its a good start.

"A" for effort.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wish granted,

on a side note, being a fellow modeller, I'll add this.

learn to accept criticism for what it is, dont take it personal.

/closinated

/reopened by request

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like this closed when I am done, Thank you.

Look, since this whole situation blew up, idk why... Ima take this chance to explain some things.
Firstly, I have been here a while and I know the rules to the game. Most of you know that I DO in fact take crits (CONSTRUCTIVE) to heart and apply it to my artwork. My aim with the term 'nub' was not at ANYONE in particular. It was aimed at people who don't understand the situation they're getting themselves into. I took the liberty of taking a collection of screenshots and compiling them together.

You'll notice here that out of no where, I was being compared to JTR and being told not to take offense. And I mean OUT OF NOWHERE. I, for the most part, don't take offense, especially to people like JTR, who is a skilled artist. It was only after about the third comparison and 'dont take offense' that I reacted, and Im suprised a mod didn't do so before hand.

It seems I am on a bad foot these days, so I am going to lay low for a while and work away on some art. Maybe in a few months when I am ready I will come back. As I have been reminded a million times, I have one warning and id surely not like to be permantly banned. I thank the ESF forums for all their help in getting me started with 3d art. Until next time, see ya.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Please someone! I LOSSED MY VERTICIES!
...Get it?

yeah I got it, next time please dont charge at me for not doing anything to you...

plus your model is fine...I never said anything against it... so move on dude.

Follow critics that people here gave ya and as nuttzy said dont take them personal

nuff said...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
artists face comparisons everyday, it's something you have to get used to. If you can't get used to it you might as well give up on it :(. I know i'm probably not supposed to post, but don't walk away because you're being compared to an artist you think is better than you. instead, use it as inspiration, do what you can to be better work your hardest. Healthy competition is ALWAYS a good thing. It pushes you to new limits.

Best answers
This feild of Art is So competetive its not even realistic.

You have to be the best of the best to be successfull. The hardest skill to master is taking criticism. If you can take criticism, and use it to your advantage, it can only help you. Insulting people, or their criticisms will only hinder your ability as an artist. Because art is all about how people perceive your work, not how you intended it.

Growler, you do well with taking crits sometimes, but you are ferociously arrogant and its not a good thing. Take tek's advice, hes a great at what he does.

I believe compliments of improvement are healthy, and growler you have made alot of improvements. I remember when you started you were horrific. You have made aloot of progress, But dont let it go to your head, you still have alot to learn.

The head doest really look like tien imo its just a bald guy with no jawline atm, you have a good deal of slack with the poly flow you have, you should play with it some to work that jaw line in, as for the body, right now its pretty bubbly, a good base to work from, you have the general flow down, some areas just need to be shaped alot more

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
I'm going to have to disagree with you Growler. There's nothing helpfull in giving people false pride in something that isn't worthy of it. IF you're prompted to keep at it you might have something worthy of being proud of.

tek, this is the first time ive ever heard something truly stupid from you, and i hope its the last. pride can only be measured by ones skill. as i said before, if this model came from you or i, we would be by no means proud of it, but when your at growlers level, theres definately things worthy of merit. and theres certainly no harm in being proud of your progress, whether its slower, or faster than anyone elses.

cudos to growler, is all i can really say. he's finally started listening and improving, and he deserves praise for that, because before now, hes had nothing but stick for what he's been doing, so if we give him stick for doing what we want him to do, im sure he will just get annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom