BTL - Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations everyone (well, not EVERYONE...). You managed to turn this topic into a "Growler Backhanded Compliment" topic.

Those who don't understand what "backhanded compliment" means is that you're trying to be nice to growler, but throw in hidden meanings in your posts that put him down in the process without actually saying them right out. He doesn't deserve that crap.

I've been noticing this for a while now. Sure, he takes crits a little too strongly, but its not like he doesn't listen to them, yet some of you insist on making him feel like he should quit. Why?

Growler is one of the better modelers I've seen around here and a lot of you think its funny or logical to make him think he's absolutely terrible. Making him work even harder to make great models is one thing. Putting his self esteem in 3D modeling down as a whole is another story.

I'm really dissappointed with a lot of you. I really hope you're not this way with everyone trying to improve on their modelling skills. God forbid I even start making an attempt.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
feel free to point out who was being backhanded, i feel i was being completely honest.

however you do have a point, this thread is pretty derailed, and needs to get back on track.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think it's wise for me to point fingers at specific people. I don't want to make the argument worse than it already is, though the ones I'm referring to know exactly who they are.

Also, I doubt this topic could get back on track. Growler already requested it be closed by the time he was done. I spoke to him last night and he asked for a new assignment so I'm assuming he finished.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll leave it open for now on the small chance that someone might actually post something constructive regarding the model. Of course, if Growler wants this thread closed, he just has to say the magic words.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Strange, i´ve been browsing these forums for a while and saw mostly your threads as a discussion thread. (points at Growler)

Nway i dont see any badass flow in your Tien mesh,growler.
For example the arms at the Biceps area dont look like real biceps.
Thougt i know that anime but almost the flow is like the same to a human.
The Head looks nice and lowpoly but i feel like to agree with Teknik. Just read his post above.

Also i think Growler you should start only posting your work and not taking Messages to your heart. You better just read the Messages in an other way.

Well, wish you luck in furthur.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well since everyone else is doing it...

different people have different ways of criticizing people.

boot camp criticism (the most helpful kind in my opinion) is said to get people motivated to prove them wrong which most people seem to talke wholely to heart and get insanely offended by it

for people like that you want to use the criticism in an encouraging way

having said that i think its a decent model, its not like im gonna be staring at the model while im blasting someone with the tri-beam anyways so some mediocrities are ok

Best answers
that may be true (part about medeocraty) but think about it, when you go to play a game, youll choose the game that looks better (better models) etc. correct? so if you want ppl to like your work medeocraty is a big no no

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people really need to take a chill pill here... Stop taking shots at eachother for crying out loud. And Growler, learn how to deal with crisicism, even if it's from someone who's skill might be below your own, if you're posting this at a forum, it's guaranteed people will post their opinion about it, wether you like it or not. So take it or leave it.

Back on topic. His torso looks kind of odd from the side view. The pecs should come out a little more.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shut up cold, your opinion means nothing, because you are nothing. and because you are nothing, im not even gonna bother reading your **** anymore!

i am of course, just trying to lighten the mood. i r <3 coldeh

Best answers
this whole thread is ****ing retarded.

Growler isnt even updating the thread anymore, and people are throwing around compliments that are actually insults like there is no tomarrow...

I dont know what id be more offended by... People telling me I suck, Or people talking above me like they are in some different category.

Growler has shown some of the biggest improvements by leaps and bounds in both his 2d and 3d work, and that is something to be noted. Granted, Hes no pro, but tbh Nobody who posts work at this forum really is a "Pro" ... Have you actually looked at some of the work posted on poly count and CG chat? ... Not even Tek or axman can compare their work to alot of the work posted there.

the truth is that We come here because we want to improve, and we all have alot of room for improvement. Superiority complexes should not even exist here, we all have faults, and come here to get help, and offer help.

Growler, Id reccomend looking at some anatomy pictures for refrences, and work on getting more shape out of the body. If you want I will make you a drawover.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
shut up cold, your opinion means nothing, because you are nothing. and because you are nothing, im not even gonna bother reading your **** anymore!

i am of course, just trying to lighten the mood. i r <3 coldeh
Gimme all your lovin, all your hugs and kisses too :3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gimme all your lovin, dont let up until were through :3

-closinated with a vengeance-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom