BTL Superbuu

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Buu skin WIP for BTL.

Model donated by Movmento.
Sknmaps by Sander.
Skin by me.

I know it's a tad bland so far, but I'm working on it.

Best answers
not bad man,but the skintone is to purple,needs to be more pink.keep it up.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
movento said:
not bad man,but the skintone is to purple,needs to be more pink.keep it up.
what he said ^_^

Best answers
I would've redone the maps if you contacted me, good start =p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
model looks a bit off? skin = bland and wrong color

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Excellent start! My best advice for skinning Super Buu that I found, is find one good clean Ref and stick to it. His face contorts and changes way too much between emotions so it's pointless to get a bunch of refs and try to find a medium. Just find something you like and go with it.

Keep it up, can't wait to see updates.

Best answers
I have a good deal of crits on the model ><, skin looks off to decent start tho.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll change the tone after it's all done, It'll be easier that way, so no more *****ing in regards to that now thanks =P

Excellent start! My best advice for skinning Super Buu that I found, is find one good clean Ref and stick to it. His face contorts and changes way too much between emotions so it's pointless to get a bunch of refs and try to find a medium. Just find something you like and go with it.

Keep it up, can't wait to see updates.
Thanks, that means heaps coming from you.

EDIT:

Ummm, I know he's heaps to shiny, I just merged what I did and fiddled with it, this isn't how its gonna be, just thought I'd show the progress. Very Kama inspired torso. Now I've done this I feel like redoing the face to make it match, well the neck area anyway.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMO, you've overdone the highlights a bit at the bottom of the pectorials. Also, I'd personally like to see a big Buu-Frown on there.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think you need to work some more shaddows into the torso, especially define the middle of the pecs a little more... btw... really, thats a really ugly skintone >_> please use the hue that DJ did, it'll look 50x better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i dunno but i like it very much :) i like the white shading very much... pointing out that its 100% illumitusity (however its called -_-) i like it and ingame it wont look that purple.. i truelly dotn care .. when i like it i like it ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks

@skiwan

I've changed the hue, I'll do more of it tommorow. I think I'm gonna redo the head, doesn't match the body now.

Best answers
Looks good :) Your skin is mostly defined by highlights, not shadows. I think there should be more shadows to define the edges. This is a personal opinion but white looks uber crap in HL, so i would skin with much darker colours. But its really up to you :p You also seem to have a good sense of anatomy (or so i believe) so i think you will progress fast :)

Anyway its looking neat, can't wait to see more from you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom