BTL - Brolly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, here is the full model as of now.

----------
I am trying to skin it. I am having some trouble applying the texture and I don't know what is wrong.
So I have my maps all laid out.. (I know that there are some overlapping problems, I'll deal with that later)

So when I go to apply my skin to the face, it does this...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
w00t! I got my first skin to work! Yay!
I know it is ****ty, but it was just a little practice. Sooo stokedddd

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
great attempt at your first skin Dan, if you keep it up, and keep trying, youll be up there in no time.

my only advice would be to use more contrasting colours, and remember to use reds for darker area's and soft yellows for highlighted area's of flesh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah. he looks like he's pouting. puffed up cheeks ftw. But seeing as it's your very first skin ever, I'll cut ya some slack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good skin on the face, Dan, he has a great angry, focused expression.

My crits are;

Most importantly, you forgot to put on the headband, earrings and neck jewellry, the things that make him RSSJ instead of SSJ. I dunno if you were planning on skinning them on or modelling them on later.

The hair colour is off, it should be light green not Trunks-style light purple. I think I understand your reasoning behind it, which is when he fought Goku in that form his hair was dark purple. They were fighting at night, so lighten it to daylight and you get light purple. However the night light was dark blue, which is why Goku's hair had blue highlights . When Broly goes RSSJ in the day, his hair is green/turquoise.

In terms of proportion, make the front of the hair wider and the face longer. This is especially true for the space between his mouth and chin (look at the ref).

Make the cheeks a bit darker like the forehead, otherwise they look more 'puffed out' as if he was holding his breath.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one thing you need to do is this,

STOP skinning him right now, and make sure he fits the ESF skeleton. and if not edit it to fit before you continue working on the skin.

ive included a picture to give you a rough idea

as you can see the upper body is far too bent to fit the skeleton.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I am done - maybe I'll reduce the polycount some - I'll skin map it later

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
I think I am done - maybe I'll reduce the polycount some - I'll skin map it later
lol, done eh?

take my previous post into consideration, I am the BTL rigging guy after all >_>

Best answers
"take my previous post into consideration, I am the BTL rigging guy after all >_>"

haha lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Booler said:
AUP said:
Spam

We do not condone the consumption of this insipid meat product, but we also prefer it by a vast margin compared to it's sinister namesake . . . Do not spam (i.e., post unwanted garbage, one word posts, off topic posts in threads, sig tests, "laugh" posts, gibberish, or any other form of undesirable content.) in any section of this forum. This policy is strictly enforced.
Warning for spam :warning:, laughing at him for trying is by no means constructive.

@Growler - Are you planning of having the headband/neckband skinned on? The necklace/earrings look good btw.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Warning for spam :warning:, laughing at him for trying is by no means constructive.

@Growler - Are you planning of having the headband/neckband skinned on? The necklace/earrings look good btw.
I am going to skin those on. Btw, I am doing heavy revampage right now.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
u might want to consider remodelling the whole character...i wouldn't attempt to skin something when the model isn't even close to looking like brolly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xstortionist said:
u might want to consider remodelling the whole character...i wouldn't attempt to skin something when the model isn't even close to looking like brolly.
Well I would attempt to skin anything, I mean... i've been wanting to learn skinning for a while now. And what about it does not look like Brolly?.. just curious. Nobody else has said that except you... got any crits?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The general form resembles brolly, but the execution isn't that great.

You've too many polygons in the wrong places. Ex. You modelled the abs. At that level of detail, you could have done without doing that because at best the hl's shadowing is barely going to pick that up. It would have been better for you to have used those polygons in the pants, or the hair, or have just leave them out entirely.

You have all those polygons in the shoulders doing nothing for the most part; what few are defining shape aren't doing it that well (the collarbone doesn't jut out nearly that far).

On the arms you're trying to define the biceps, which isn't necessary for the same reason as why you shouldn't define the abs, and you got way to many edge loops trying to make them look smooth.

To be honest I do the same thing to sometimes (using far more polygons than would be noticed in-game), but that's deliberate ego gratification on my part ^^;;, where for you its because you don't know any better >_>;

Best answers
Growler said:
I think his arms may be a bit thin. At the moment, his torso is all muscular but his arms look like toothpicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom