Brolli Fanart (you know why).

Best answers
Yup, i've been playing some ESF with the awesome Brolli pack by GodGundam (and everyone else who helped of course), and i was inspired to do a brolli piece of my own :)

Here's the rough draft, sketched up most of the major areas (but im not going to do a full body, i'm too lazy :p). The face was particularly hard to get to look right. Its a lot longer/thinner than anyone elses i've tried drawing before and there's nothing but crap for reference on google, i had to freezeframe the movie on the tv (which kept unpausing, REAL annoying :/).

It's really rough at the moment but i thought i'd upload what i have now before i head to bed. Hopefully because this is dbz related i'll get some decent crits from you guys overnight (looking at you inpeticular David :p), so all comments are welcome.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O its looking good man, very nice sketch >_< you draw as loose as me hehe =P right for the crits:

first of all i think his head should be slightly to the left, because you wanna get those neck muscles in that join the middle of the colar bone, (the go from under the ear to the colar bone, one on each side of the dip). The pecks are a little too straight underneath, they should dip down a little under the nipples, i also believe that the centre of them isnt quite in line with the rest of the body, they dont line up with the abs and they dont line up with the head. Also the neck muscles that come from the shoulders should be emphasised a little more. His right ab is also a little small >_<...

I think thats it really, its a really nice sketch beautiful work ^_^ i hope u finish it soon

Best answers
i dont think he was giong for a full frontal look. it seems to me like its a lower perspective, and brolly's head is turned, so his pecks dont have to be centered and equal on both sides. but its hard to tell since ur not looking at the entire body.

looks like a good start for a sketch to me. good job.

Best answers
Yeah opm you got the pose spot on. I'll up the full body skeleton i did in a bit if i can be bothered (can't sleep btw :/).

Drawing some more now, so....

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heheh i cant sleep either >_> its almost 9 am... oh well, I know what the pose was, but i think there are elements slightly off, no matter what perpective there are rules to follow, the abs should deffinately be in line with the center of his pecks, and still you should add more of a curve under the pecks, other than that, hopefully u can see what i mean >_<

Best answers
Yeah, i took your crits into account dont worry, the sleep depravation got to me and i forgot to reply to you - im sorry! *gives cookie*

I lined up the abs with the center of the pecks down the body's midline but i left his neck where it is cause it just feels right.

I'm going to use this as a linewidth exercise too, i was kinda experimenting with this in my last piece (which os on these forums) but it was only a quick thing and i wasn't really trying. I'll post the update real soon, just finishing off redrawing everything on the new layer :)

Best answers
More updates - Added more detail to the hair, fixed some minor problems and generally cleaned up the lines. I've started on the final digital inks now, trying my best to nail lineweights and such.

For the final i'm definately going to emphasise the canines in his teeth for added demonic reference XD... but now i'm off for late dinner, when i get back i'll post a wip of the face maybe :)

Best answers
thats really awesome,can't wait for the CG.Keep it up! :yes:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awsome, keep up the good work, can't wait until its finished. :)

Best answers
I'm back from lunch, here's a shot of the final "inks" for the face (if you can call em that :p). More updates later

Demon teeth ^_^

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, i love you did the teeth... fangs... like a real monster... no, devil.

Best answers
Thanks for the comments guys, i'm >this< close to finishing the lines now (just doing the hair), so expect an update soon.

Best answers
Well, here's the finished lineart. I think i'm going to add a SSJ aura before i finish, so i'll upload a full size one later to deviantart once i've drawn it.

Hope you dig this pic as much as i do :)

If anyone feels like doing a CG for this be my guest, just concact me somehow so i can check it out :)

ZuL

Best answers
So beautiful... I wish I could draw like that.

How did you make the lines? So... smooth...
You inspired me to make a similar drawing of a made-up character I drew a month ago ;)

Best answers
Zul : I use a 5 point solid black round paintbrush in photoshop cs with tablet pressure on the line width and the line opacity. It gives a really smooth effect (course i have a tablet too *slaps my head*), then i just messed with the line weights. They really make pictures jump out at you.

Absolutely Inakuro. Lemme see when its done :)

Edit: oh quickly i forgot, the /final/ final...DA link to the. um.. final :)

http://www.deviantart.com/view/12913154/

Best answers
I can keep up with that first sketch you drew.
But the finished version is just amazing.
I got to get me some of that table **** you mentioned.
How does that work exactly? You just draw straight onto your photoshop file?
That sounds real easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom