British funny law

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is someting I found. Some of the funniest laws Of the great Brittany:
-It is against the law to die in the building of Parlament
-It is against the law sticking on the wrong side post mark of the queen Elisabet II
-In Liverpool it is allowed for women to be topless if they are selling gold fishes
-U can't eat meat pie for Christmass
-In Scotch (correct me about spelling) if there is stranger knocking on Ure doors and asks for using Ure toilet U can't denie him
-In the York it is forbidden to kill Scotch except if he wears a bow and arrow (lol)
-person in helmet and shield cann't step inside the Parlament :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure that whoever told you that, was joking.

-In the York it is forbidden to kill Scotch except if he wears a bow and arrow (lol)
I don't think there's any country in the known world that allows killing. Oh, and Scotch is an alcoholic drink.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
noone told me that I read it ;)
No country allows killing, yeah, but U see U can kill if he holds bow and arrow ;)
And I know about scotch just how the **** is spelled GUY FROM THE NORTH PART OF BRITANY?
EDIT: THe stupidest law in Serbia:
If thief enters in Ure house U have no right to kill him. I know personally one case when some drunk dudes went in the garden of one old man, and he took gun and shoot in the air to scare them. After they ran, police came, and they almost put the old man behind the bars >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope you're not the "average" Serb. "if thief enters ure house u have no right to kill him" <- why would you?! You have no right to kill anyone, ever.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In USA when someone enters Ure house and he wants to kill U, U have right to kill him then >_>, in here U have absolutly no right to kill any thiefs in Ure house that may harm Ure family. Once my uncle was robed, and he didn't hear a thing (sleeping sound >_>) Then when he wrote his astatement in police, he wrote that if he saw that thief he would use whole bullet charge. Police officers started looking him wierd, but it is true. Why should he let the thief harm his family? U never know what are those guysgonna do. Expecially if their drunk or high

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im just curious but why do you keep saying ure and capitolizing U?

I hope you're not the "average" Serb. "if thief enters ure house u have no right to kill him" <- why would you?! You have no right to kill anyone, ever.
i believe thats not true, there are plenty of circumstances in this world where killing someone may be your only option.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone steals your TV, that doesn't justify killing him, now does it?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're speaking in the past tense, Avenger. If someone walks into my house with any kind of weapon, I'm going to warn him once and if he tries to walk towards me or towards anything but the exit, I'm putting a round in his leg. If I'm the only person in the house, I might call the cops and try to ride it out. If other peoples' lives are in jeopardy, though, I'm not taking any chances.

You don't know if the guy is high on PCP, and you don't know what that person's intentions are, or if he's carrying hidden weapons. If he isn't carrying a weapon, he probably just intends to burglarize you, but if he sees you there he'll freak out. Most burglars don't intend on killing the person they're robbing. It just kinda happens in the heat of the moment. It's his choice to either leave or escalate the situation. If he chooses the latter, I'm going to choose my life over his. Sorry, but I can't read his mind and I don't know what his intentions are. If he's coming at me even though I have a gun pointed at him, he's probably high on crystal meth or cracked out, so I'm definitely not going to try to talk him out of whatever he intends to do.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you live in Oklahoma or Colorado in the states, you do :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
over here, a farmer shot someone in the back who was burgling his home. the farmer got life imprisonment.

silliest law i've heard is: it's illegal to drive a cab without a bale of hay and two buckets of water in the storage compartment.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're speaking in the past tense, Avenger. If someone walks into my house with any kind of weapon, I'm going to warn him once and if he tries to walk towards me or towards anything but the exit, I'm putting a round in his leg. If I'm the only person in the house, I might call the cops and try to ride it out. If other peoples' lives are in jeopardy, though, I'm not taking any chances.

You don't know if the guy is high on PCP, and you don't know what that person's intentions are, or if he's carrying hidden weapons. If he isn't carrying a weapon, he probably just intends to burglarize you, but if he sees you there he'll freak out. Most burglars don't intend on killing the person they're robbing. It just kinda happens in the heat of the moment. It's his choice to either leave or escalate the situation. If he chooses the latter, I'm going to choose my life over his. Sorry, but I can't read his mind and I don't know what his intentions are. If he's coming at me even though I have a gun pointed at him, he's probably high on crystal meth or cracked out, so I'm definitely not going to try to talk him out of whatever he intends to do.
zeo speaks one of them "truths" ive been hearing so much about lately.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Killing someone is a monstrous thing. The thief probably has a family and people who care about him. It's ending a life for theft. Sure, if he's got a gun and intends to shoot you first, then it's justified - but if he's unarmed in your home, it's not likely he'll try to kill you.

Here in Norway, nobody uses PCP, so we don't have that problem.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure criminals in Norway simply walk into houses, bid you a good day and walk around all jolly like while taking items. They're not so nice over here. Simply saying "Hey you!" can make a criminal freak out. One thing leads to another, and the house owner is dead from 20 billion hits to the face with a frying pan or stabbed 12 times in the neck with a steak knife. PCP is but a single drug. I'm sure plenty of people have coke over there. It's Norway. Everyone loves white powder.

The criminal's family is the last thing I'm going to be thinking about while trying to protect my own. I'm just not that nice.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Killing someone is a monstrous thing. The thief probably has a family and people who care about him. It's ending a life for theft. Sure, if he's got a gun and intends to shoot you first, then it's justified - but if he's unarmed in your home, it's not likely he'll try to kill you.

Here in Norway, nobody uses PCP, so we don't have that problem.
How can you tell if someone is unarmed? There's various lethal weapons, not only handguns, that are easily concealable on oneself.

Now while I mentioned the 'make my day' law earlier, I do see the major flaw in it, that is no ordinary citizen is trained to deal with situations involving crime.

The criminal's family is the last thing I'm going to be thinking about while trying to protect my own. I'm just not that nice.
Agreed. There's a time and a place for everything. I generally am concerned with the well being of just about everyone, but if you begin to infringe upon one of my most basic needs, I will choose myself over you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone breaks into my house, he's dead. That's all there is to it. No chances. No warning. I'm not going to hesitate so I can make sure he's not carrying weapons, because that could just as easily be my ass in a split second. If you've read Immediate Action by Andy McNab (*raises hand*), he talks so much about self-defense in that book. You can learn a lot.

On-topic, those are some strange laws. I kind of wonder if they're even real, because most of them are just common sense.

Mr.Lukyas said:
It is against the law to die in the building of Parlament
I lol'd. If you break that law, at least you won't have to hear about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should I buy a stun gun for each potential thief? What if there are 3 guys? Shoot the one guy, run up to him, pull out the prongs, try to put it back into the gun, shoot the other guy and repeat? Try to stick in another cartridge while 2 guys bum rush you? That situation gets even worse if you're talking about the kind where you have to actually touch the guy with the gun in order for him to be shocked. I don't want to be that close to someone who may have knives or a firearm on their person.

I don't think you'd be able to understand unless you lived in a big city.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stunguns are the key. D:
True. My brother is getting to play around with those lately. He's training to be a cop. He has to get tazered soon (you can't be issued a tazer unless you've been shot with one). But still, if you miss (that is, if one of the prongs misses) with it from long range, you have to get in close and touch the gun to the person. If they're armed, you can't exactly get in close.

Edit: Oh and something he told me last night. The copper wire that the electric current passes through is very delicate. Criminals are beginning to learn to beat the tazer. When shot (from maximum range for the sake of this explanation), you can turn your body and fall on the wire to break it. It won't get the prongs out of your skin (which probably hurt a fair bit, they're like fish hooks), but it'll stop the electric current from passing through your body.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think cops who carry guns should be shot too, so they know how it feels. =P

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, this conversation became ridiculous at 6:05 pm Eastern Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom