Britain to Ban Samurai Swords

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
weird... my fully functional katana cost me ?800, and it's perfectly legal.

and i'm certain it is more lethal than a replica which would snap under the stress of hitting something.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Breaching the ban, which is targeted at cheap imitation samurai swords rather than the more expensive genuine collectors' items made by licensed swordsmiths in Japan, would result in up to six months in jail and a ?5,000 fine.
They figure the more expensive swords would be placed in display cases rather than be wielded by maniacs and/or criminals. A 100 dollar sword is perfectly capable of killing someone, so it makes sense.

Best answers
Lol. Hope that won't happen here. Or I'll have to return my Zanpaktou.
Next thing they'll ban Nunchucks. There goes my sleepover with Michelangelo. Darn.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They figure the more expensive swords would be placed in display cases rather than be wielded by maniacs and/or criminals. A 100 dollar sword is perfectly capable of killing someone, so it makes sense.
Yep, that's basically the idea I'd say. Sure, the sword might break easilly, but that doesn't make the guy any less dead if you've already done the deed.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Get a big kitchen knife, same effect.

Next ban, big kitchen knifes!

Best answers
Get a big kitchen knife, same effect.

Next ban, big kitchen knifes!
Everything is a weapon. I saw this discovery channel program once.... about the most lethal Japanese weapons. The 3rd most lethal were chop sticks. I'm NOT joking, lol. The second were ancient Japanese Pens.

The first was gruesome, some mythological weapon used in early Jap dynasties by ninjas with l33t hand eyecoordination, like a ring with some intricate baldes and stuff which if u get to fall on an opponents neck, it chops it right off.

Mog

Best answers
awww... and I was thinking about getting a 52" Cloud's Buster sword
Next they will be banning bokken too...

...wait, I don't think samurai used buster swords? woohoo, never mind then!
They're only 50 quid each too... I might get one for each hand!! :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the idea is that a criminal or a random maniac isn't going to spend thousands on a real sword. Not that it's going to stop them from running around with something else pointy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom