Breathing System

Super Sand Legend
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just had this idea I want to suggest.

When the characters have used a lot of energy or are damaged then what about implementing a breathing system so it'll look like they're tired or had a tough time.
I believe it would give us a nice DBZ experience :)

Super Sand Legend
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well as you guys say, making animation would take too much time so I was thinking about adding the sounds, and if not too time consuming then make their mouths move while they breathe.

Just like at 4:35, but you should still be able to move around even though you're breathing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJN5MNYFB8

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean animations and we do have tired animations for when you are out/low on stamina. Of course you are also not able to do other stuff in that state, like swoop or teleport, but we do have a "tired" state.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you should have to hold down a button to inhale and another button to exhale. So for example, holding down r would make your character inhale where as f might exhale. It would add another layer of strategy and depth to the game, because you'd have to manage breathing forcing you to multitask. Perhaps for melee you'd have to do quick inhale/exhales, where as if you were beaming, deeper breaths might be more suited. Your character would die if you hold both keys down.

But really though, this is sort of already in 1.2.3. If you watch closely you can see your character breathing, mostly during idle animations.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think you should have to hold down a button to inhale and another button to exhale. So for example, holding down r would make your character inhale where as f might exhale. It would add another layer of strategy and depth to the game, because you'd have to manage breathing forcing you to multitask. Perhaps for melee you'd have to do quick inhale/exhales, where as if you were beaming, deeper breaths might be more suited. Your character would die if you hold both keys down.

But really though, this is sort of already in 1.2.3. If you watch closely you can see your character breathing, mostly during idle animations.
how about the inhale/exhale controls only come into play when your in tired mode.it would be alot better than having to press "f and r" and every 5 seconds

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about the inhale/exhale controls only come into play when your in tired mode.it would be alot better than having to press "f and r" and every 5 seconds
Sub was joking about that part ^^;

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
oh but my statement still stands as a suggestion

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You will be s sitting duck. Having to press 2 buttons while that goes on and you desperately are running away from the incoming onslaught.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://students.depaul.edu/~espevace/InvoluntaryRunner/InvoluntaryRunnerWeb.html

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Best idea ever!

Edit: That game is crazy hard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom