Breaking: Water is wet.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Article said:
The defector who convinced the White House that Iraq had a secret biological weapons programme has admitted for the first time that he lied about his story, then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war.

Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, codenamed Curveball by German and American intelligence officials who dealt with his claims, has told the Guardian that he fabricated tales of mobile bioweapons trucks and clandestine factories in an attempt to bring down the Saddam Hussein regime, from which he had fled in 1995.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/15/defector-admits-wmd-lies-iraq-war
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/curv...an-al-janabi-admits-iraq-wmd-lie-2757639.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t/rafid-ahmed-alwan-aljanab_37541250324234240.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curveball_(informant)

I only felt the need to post this because there are still people out there who think the bull**** he spouted was true.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never heard of this guy but still holy **** this is a big deal it would seem, thanks for sharing.

Biggest troll ever?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know why we're in Iraq.

[video=youtube;V3wiGnLblt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3wiGnLblt4[/video]

Last edited:
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I opened this thread expecting to see an article about how water is wet.

Is disappoint.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh. I didn't realize military ventures for the expansion and sustainment of Empire that will undoubtedly have global repercussions for generations to come wasn't the "in thing" anymore.

My bad, gents. Carry on.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're overestimating the global impact just a little bit. Most people here (here as in my country) lost interest in Iraq years ago. It's something that pops up when politics discuss it or a police center gets bombed. Besides that it's pretty dead.
Now Afghanistan, that's a hotspot!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're overestimating the global impact just a little bit. Most people here (here as in my country) lost interest in Iraq years ago. It's something that pops up when politics discuss it or a police center gets bombed. Besides that it's pretty dead.
As true as this is for news agencies trying to maintain the attention span of their audience and general *mainstream* interest, it does not mean that just because it is not shown in the media as much that the issue will have no further consequences.

Though I too was expecting an article proving water was wet, which probably would been propaganda anyway.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're underestimating the long-term consequences of our actions, as well our intentions and how our actions play into larger plans. Wheels within wheels and all that. I can't fault you for thinking Iraq is "dead", as all of the suicide bombings/IED attacks are rarely reported on.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the point is, most people (here at least) know that there wasn't any WMD's in Iraq and that it was a scam to invade Iraq for oil. Hearing it "proved" by the guy who supposedly instigated the event comes at no surprise. I think if people legitimately believed that yes, Iraq had WMD's and they were just hidden really, really well then it would be a huge shock that "OH MY GOD?! YOU MEAN HE WAS LYING????"

Now it kinda washes over and is like...yeah well...duh?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If that's the case I'd rather see you know consequences for those who ****ed up/lied/started a war on false pretenses.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the point is, most people (here at least) know that there wasn't any WMD's in Iraq and that it was a scam to invade Iraq for oil. Hearing it "proved" by the guy who supposedly instigated the event comes at no surprise. I think if people legitimately believed that yes, Iraq had WMD's and they were just hidden really, really well then it would be a huge shock that "OH MY GOD?! YOU MEAN HE WAS LYING????"

Now it kinda washes over and is like...yeah well...duh?
Thinking Iraq was simply about oil was, is and will forever be a mistake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't pretend I know the intricacies involved in the Iraqi invasion, even if I did, I know better than to argue with you about it, but the point I'm making still stands. It comes as no shock, so many years after the event that the invasion was built upon lies.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not asking for anyone to be shocked. I had just hoped people gave a ****.

Next time something terrible happens, and everyone wants to be outraged, just stop. None of you have the right to be. Whatever comes next could have been prevented, had some semblance of effort been made to keep the one domino from hitting the next, ending the chain reaction.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If O.J. Simpson came out and said "Hey guys, I really did kill my wife. Sorry 'bout that." It'd be the same/similar thing. We all know he did it, and yeah he will likely be charged for it (unless the statute of limitations has expired, I'm not entirely familiar with the law). I honestly don't think people would give a **** though. We all already knew he did it, him coming out and saying it after so many years doesn't change anything and it certainly wouldn't "outrage" me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good thing all of the people responsible for the lead up to the war and the handling thereafter are being charged, I guess.

[Insert additional sarcastic retort here]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom