Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
Okay, i messed up on the first attempt on typing this post, so i'll make this simple.

in worldcraft, you can make a breakable entity. If you were to turn the ground into a layer of a big breakable entity. You could lay it out in a '3d' bullseye sorta thingy.

example:
{top view}

__________A A A
_________A B B A
________A B C B A
_______A B C D C B A
________A B C B A
_________A B B A
__________A A A

Okie Dokie, the A's represent the lolly pop guil-...sorry, 530 in the A M, would represnt the higher HP (toughest to break) of the breakable entity, the D would be the weakest (easily broken)
SO! if you were to hit this with a weak shot, only the center would break, i you were to hit it with, say a HUGE blast, it would desimate the entire crater area.
And useing Trunk's Burning Attack, you might be able to hurt the weakest part, the D area.

Thank you very much, Elvis has left the building.

Best answers
Nice Idea, but I think you would have to make the maps all over again :( and it aint sure that it's possible in Half-Life. But good idea!

Best answers
I think that the Half-Life engine is not Good enough to make that, But it is a good idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a good idae but i heard that it will drop your fps/bring up lags and so...........

still a good idea

Best answers
Anyone should make one map with this and then we can see that this goes too laggy or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah just a test map, nothing speciel.....just to c if it would work....

Best answers
I can make maps but I have no idea how that would be coded

Best answers
I'v been working on it for a bit, and I figured it out, one problem, I'm new to makeing maps, I'm a skinner, not a mapper, but I'm doing okay, should have it done in a few mins, just a basic outline so oyu mappers can do what I did to make better maps, so im 'testing' so ideas, manily with making ROUND maps, rather then squar maps, but its harder then I and my friend thought it would be, but I'll keep you up to date as I figure it out.:cool:

Best answers
Well, I can make pretty good maps in GTKRadiant, but still I need to learn how to map in Half-life, like what programs you need? Then I can try to make a map.

Best answers
Mapper guy, I need help, I got it to work in HL, but when I try to play it, the fully complied file, in ESF, it wont workO_O, any ideas?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Best answers
Still haveing the ESF problem, but I now have it so when you do X amount of damage to the floor, it goes away, boom exploads, and droops, now the next step is to get it to round off.

Best answers
too bad the people making ESF dont give a ****

tee hee hee hee hee hee!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Admin you better adjust your behaviour for the better before I remove you.

Azreail don't double post

Best answers
u should do this with the geo-mod engine. hmm. a dragonballmod 4 red faction :D

Best answers
wouldnt you run ot of ground in a short while, thats quite the problem

Best answers
Yeah if they made a DBZ mod for red fraction that would be cool. I remember the 1st one on PC I took the rocket launcher and made tunnels in the walls and ground lol and then there was that drill thing too, but for a DBZ mod it would be cool to melee people thru buildings and mountains like in the show.

Best answers
Why not just make a few breakable maps with 7-10 Breakable spots so it wont lag so much.
ESF ruleZ

Best answers
They should try just making the outerlayer of some things breakable or small hills completely breakable. It would be possible to place an entity al aorund a mountain that would go so deep, but it might lag.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJGokuSSJ
yeah but WHO??? Do somebody knows a good mapper??
People never listen to me, do they? NIPPER NIPPER! NIPPER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom