• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

almostdeleted

A
I think instead of having attual holes, just have an illusion.

Example: When you get hit into the wall, a **** load of dust and rocks will fly up and a black spot will apear (Kind of like it is now when you hit the ground with a beam) and then the person would just lay there, And I think instead of havingit that when you get meeled to the ground and you role around breaking your neck, you just slide and dust should come up. This could work.

Best answers
Well like I said in another post I got it to work, better yet I made another map with 5 spots that you could break and then really left small holes in the ground, some shallow, some deep, in genral, my map looks like this:

SIDE:_____________________
| |
| |
| |
|_--__________________|
| \/ \ / |
|______\_/____________|.....and so on and so on.

The TOP of the holes are 6-10 sided ARCHS. and the HOLE its self are 6-10 sided CIRCs. that way they cover the top, but when enough damage is done, they blow up and show a hole. Any one like the idea, and or not like it?

Best answers
As some famous person once said....HOT DAMN!:D I got one problem fixed, now the next one is to get it to work in ESF.....any ideas?:?

P.S.
I got an idea on how you CAN melee people through thing, buldings or moutains, but that has yet to be tested.......but I'll let ya know soon enough!

Best answers
Its not that complicated
Its like TFC
Demomans can blow up specific walls
And fps dont really drop because it so fast ;)

Love
-Aeris

Best answers
Thanks for the support Aries, and I got it to work in ESF, looks great when you blast the spot and BOOM, nothing but a hole remains, just hope I can get some more support. I'm now working on a bulding that you can blast, or better yet melee through, just getting the power set is hard, i need the bots to 'test' on.:devil:

Anyone knoe the commands for making a movie for HL, i plan to make one then send it to someone from ESF, if they will expect it, to post to show my idea, or if anyone knows how to post links to ones desktop seeing as i dont have a web site.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
post alink to dl the map....
thats most importent

Best answers
so what are u planning to do with this idea ?
make new maps with breakable ground or tweak the existing maps ?
btw u should talk with the esf members and convince them to make it in the next patchi , if its a good ingame idea tough

Best answers
im not sure im right
but in the HL mod the opera it has breakable walls that respawn , i think u should do the same , uh .... if u can ...
but im not sure its possible , or is it ?

Best answers
Spec, tell me where i can have it hosted, or liked or whatever and i will when im done, im also letting someone help he with this, i just sent him the map, its unfinished, and well, to put it nicely, sucks, but you get the idea

Best answers
hey azreail remember me.

well i was playing with you on my server about 10 mins ago lol so if you havnt got a memory like a fish then you should lol.

anyways.
im awaiting your map to be sent through email and we can test it.

however im not sure if you got my email right or not. but what the hey ill do it here fo you as a common reference.

[email protected]

there hope to help you out soon. great idea btw

Best answers
I got it right, Hotmail acting up and wont send it, but i got an idea, ill run a server with that map on, it will be called BREAKABLE MAP, and the amount of people allowed in will be 1000, so i can bet you'll find me.

P.S.
if you know where i can simply host the map, id be happy to.

Best answers
this could be extremely useful in transformations for eg
Cells perfect transformation that green sphere grows and a massive crater shapes off under his feet due to the sphere

theres a way around remember the blast pit in the half-life game and u kill that creature with the fire
well before he was killed u could see where the heads started. it was just black and it is solid (i tried it with god mode on hehe)
then after u have killed it a massive hole appears
and u go down that for the next lvl.
maybe something like this could be implemented

Best answers
is there a way to regenrate the floor after say 2/3 mins???

cos after you have blown the floor away there would be nothing left to blow up afer a few hits? my two cents.

im off to check for your server and if your not there ill run mine ok. catch you then.
also i will host the map for you on my site.

only one problem. its geo****ties.

it has limits of bandwidth im afraid.

Best answers
well no offense

but in order for me to get your map to work i had to move some Counter strike wad files accross from my Cstrike folder into my Valve folder.

each time i tried the map it would tell me a wad file was missing and would crash my comp. then i would move the specified file accross to valve folder.

and it would work, but give me another wad error.

Is there anyway you can get the wads embedded in the BSP??

or have them in a certain folderor something cause if you give it to people without CS they arent gonna hev the wad files.

Still need to actually test the level lol.

Get back to you in a min

Best answers
ok i tried the map.

its not quite what i imagined.

if of course it loaded up correctly.

But what i saw was.

about 4/5 cylinders, with a cove on the top of them. and when you shot the cover the cylinder was hollow but like hollow cone shape inside.

is that right??

Best answers
Yup, like I said, unfinished, unpolished, and really, REALLY bad, but im not a mapper, its just an out-line type thing if the ESF guys took a look at it, i might get better at mapping I might not, but ya never know.O_O

P.S.
I think that WAD error is because my friend moved some, ill fix it and see if that helps, sorry.

Best answers
hey not criticising your map in anyway m8.

no its jut a test map.

there was a realy kewl thing i liked about it and that was if you fire some Ki blasts at the top of where the holes are until a ki blob is created.

go near the blob and you can hear the ground rumbling (loosing its health)

and after a few seconds of the ki blob doing damage to the ground, it blows up the ground.

Sounds kewl.

well. Its been a long time since i did any mapping but maybe i could give you a hand with the testing of the ESF maps.

One thing though is there anything you have to take into onsideration with the scale down???

ill see what i can come up with.

is there anyway i can see if your online such as ICQ or AIM or anything?

Best answers
Not really, I just made a normal sized map, but if you look closely, you never touch the ground for some reason, but ill fix that later.
My AIM is Azreail831.
If anyonw wants to help, give me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom