BRass Knuckles the Echinda

Best answers
Busting Robot ass Knuckles, to be precise o_O

Yea, I ripped apart the head from my Julie Su model, tweaked it a little, then went down from there (no, really, I did)

Polycount 2068 (blah, I went 400 poly's over what I hoped for, but, I don't care)

Click Here

Since most people never ready my comments on the model under, or before the picture, I'll just make a hyper link. :eek:

Anyway, I think I should cut some poly's on the torso, and something looks wierd with the torso and the arms, or is it me? Yea, gimme some crits =/

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More longer and thiner strands of hair in the back of his head would be nice.
And the shoes look about too tall

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the boddy is a bit weard, also the shoos.

here you go, better isn't to get :D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you look at some of the older games with sprite sheets. He has longer, thinner, and more hair.

Best answers
niobe, that picture sucks..lol
I'm using pictures from the actual artists (ie, comics)

Heres a slightly small update, I thought about it, and I realised the shoes were too small, so I messed around with them. (Shows should be in proportions to the hands, atleast for Knuckles, and they weren't originally)

Click Here for the update.

Also, Killer, his hair things only get down to his tail, any longer would go against the natural length. Also, any thinner and it would look even "wierder"

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I jsut know there was lots of hair.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that model was made from the comic refs wasnt it? *reffers to niobe's refs*

Best answers
Yes, from the comics. Since I have alot of them handy, I use them because the cover art on most of them are simply stunning.

Killer, too many hair strands adds poly's, ontop of that I'd have to redo most of the head to do that, actually...I'd have to increase the overall width of it to add anymore, and if it gets any fatter it will be stupid looking. Another alternative would be to thin out each strand by around half, and they aren't that thin.

Best answers
Actually the american comics(the archie ones) aren't the real character designs, look for the real japanese sketches(by sonic team) if you want it to be perfect, but it looks pretty good to me, I dont think there needs to be more strands, I just think they need to be closer together. But besides that its lookin really good!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude great model one of the best models i have seen so far becous it looks exactly like the char u wanted it to resemble 9.5/10 on the model now just a kick ass skin

Best answers
Heres a slight update. I tweaked the hair and the gloves (made it bigger) and also added some elbow's. Polycount is still the same.

Click Here again!

o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beef his arms up a tad and shrink the chest some *horizontal* it's too wide.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i don't know exactly what version of knucles you are going for but it dosen't look ANYTHING like any version of knuckles i have ever seen. and that polycount is insane for such a simple character! The boots at too tall they should be shorter and wider, the torso is about 2x too big, the hand should be in fists as well, Knuckles always has his hands in fists and it will save polys.

Best answers
Heh, Eclipse, I don't know if you read any of my replies, but I stated (numerous times, I think) that I'm doing the Archie Comics version, due to various reasons I've already stated. And his hand is 3/4 the time clenched into a fist, but it isn't always, and assuming it always is and modeling it that way (indeed it will save poly's) would be stupid (But thats in my opinion, because always in a fist would look stupid)

Yes, his torso is rather big, but if I slim it down anymore, it makes the arms and legs too skinny and to long.

Polycount is due to the fact I am a sucky modeler? heh. The buttons on his shoes (all 12 of them) add up to about 220 poly's(totaling) so subract that.

The current polycount as of now is 1992. Without the buttons its 1776.

For a reference, I really didn't use much. I may have glimpsed at a few comic covers I own and that was it, but if you want a pic of what I was going for, here

http://img36.exs.cx/img36/805/knuckles16.jpg

In other news, I made a ****ty skin in Photoshop (burning magic, haha)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
what i ment by my comment was i didn't know what the archie comic version looked like, not that i hadn't read your posts ;).

It's just my opinion tho, it really doesn't look like knuckles to me, i would go for the desgins done by the sonic team. and 1700 is wikid high still, i made a knuckles model about 1 1/2 years ago that only has 800 tri's in it XD. (i won't show it here because this thread is to showcase your work not mine ;) )

Best answers
I made a knuckles 2 years ago too, it was ugly and was around 800 poly's aswell, along with my old Mecha Sonic (it was 1222) I redid them both putting them both at 1900, giving them detail and roundness.

And, if the designs by Sonic team included the ones I've already seen (the one niobe posted) Then that doesn't look like Knuckles to me, because its simply ugly. And the Anime version of Knuckles sports alot of hair, and very skinny o_O

Force Pit Member
Best answers
no no no no no no, the sonic team designs are the ones from the video games....you have played the video games right? XD.

And if you already achived a knuckles model with 800 polys then you should know that there is no reason you need 1700 here :).

Best answers
Now I feel like I'm having a discussion o_O
I have only played a few of the Sonic games, I have played none of the Dreamcast ones, and I played the recent Sonic Heroes, and it sucked royally. So..heh =/

The Knuckles model I made 4 years ago(Way back in 2000....holy ****), well, it sucked, and heres why

1000 Poly's

Jesus...

Best answers
how the hell is that 1000 polies? that looks like 500 easy...but a 1000?

btw the in game shots look great...is the metal sonic model public? or awaiting a mod release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom