BRass Knuckles the Echinda

Best answers
Heh, everytime I try and open up the .smd, I get a skin error o_O So, the .mdl works, but I can't edit the model in there anymore. (So....that kills my chances of fixing it up, without my lazy ass re-applying the model to the skeleton and everything else)

Anyway, I decided to give you all a glimpse at how ****ty my skin REALLY is (I did say Burning magic already, right? :p )

Polycount : 1992

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
needs a center spike in the back and well more hairs and a better skinner

Force Pit Member
Best answers
the moon crest is smaller and eyes closer together.

Anyway that attempt 2 years ago was horrid, i guess i might as well show mine(tho not to ditract from your current work in any way :) ).

Best answers
No, it wasn't an attempt 2 years ago, it was 4 years ago O_O

And, your model is really good. However, your arms and legs aren't connected to the torso like mine, and your feet are also lower detail (model wise)
Also, the crescent on his chest is wierd on the skin o_O Overall though, the skin and model job is sexy.

Also, I am not a skinner, and I will not claim to be one, thats why I called my "skin" Burning magic o_O

On a side note, I might remap the eyes on mine, because as they are now, its really annoying to skin them any good at all

Edit : Reskinned it, and made a ****ty Hyper Sonic alteration (I just messed with the Hue & Saturation) Also added a different swoop animation so it looks a little cooler...

Best answers
Your model is good, the skin could use some work, the feet are DEFINATLY a bane of wasted polys, but the thing about the cresent is it needs to be more round, and second, it is suppost to be like a moon shape, not a ring all the way around. You can see:

Old School Kucks:

Not sure if this will help, seeing as im guessing you felt like modeling the newer knuckles. Would be nice seeing an oldschool version of him again :p

Best answers
Wow, those pics are awesome.

The crescent on the skin is the way I put it on the map, I goofed. And, I never could tell if the crescent went all the way around, or just up to the shoulder area, now I know.

The skin, blah, its my 2nd attempt in Photoshop, so it doesn't matter to me.

The one thing I hate about the old school Knuckles, is the feet, they're just plain out ugly.

Though, I have one question Jenny, where'd you get those pics? o_O

Force Pit Member
Best answers
not quite sure what you mean about my arms and legs aren't connected like yours....they are connected, probably a bit better as far as sholder deformation goes, but thats not important, this isn't about my model :p.

Yours is coming along very well still just keep working on the skin ^_^. Those pics are all over the place, anime-modelsheets.com or something like that just look around ;). But it doesn't really matter, your not doing that version of knuckles anyway :p.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The model is nice, if you want , i can skin the model for you, im really bored, and i dont want to die with boredom. :(

Best answers
Hellx said:
Though, I have one question Jenny, where'd you get those pics? o_O
The best place in the world for Anime modeling sheets of course: http://anime-model-sheets.com/ - Ironic isnt it o_O

There are a little over 800 anime character refs on there, and about 50 or so mech refs. I got the link from a friend when I was looking for Digimon Season 1 refs on "Tai" (I hate the show, but its a request model -_-, but then again Tai was my favorite character).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom