Brace yourselves Xenoverse is coming

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As you might be aware Dragon Ball Xenoverse, the first Dragonball game, developed by the big guys which is not a mod or an MMO (at least the first relevant one in many years) that is finally coming to PC and is now available for pre-order on steam.

Have fun resisting the urge to not be a smart consumer. Hopefully you will not resist and maybe this will tell those half baked lunatics that run the PR for those companies that we actually want their bloody products on PC too.

Bloody monkeys.

Best answers
I can feel the hatred in this thread...
My pc would never handle this game or any other game thas is actually good. Gonna wait til I get a new and better pc.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK the only thing you are telling PR guys by pre-purchasing games is that you are a sucker who can easly be connec out of cash.

DONT EVER PREORDER. Its anti consumer and it keeps spreading the anti consumer practice that the companies have been on recently.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
OK the only thing you are telling PR guys by pre-purchasing games is that you are a sucker who can easly be connec out of cash.

DONT EVER PREORDER. Its anti consumer and it keeps spreading the anti consumer practice that the companies have been on recently.
True... for most companies. But keep in mind that most of them are so out of touch with their consumers, or reality for that matter that it doesn't really, matter what you do. Our game sold millions of copies? Clear failure!

With namco? Holy sweet baby jesus. Those guys are beyond insane. They must be from some ethereal plane that no one has heard of before because those guys couldn't be more unreal if they started to dress like Final Fantasy characters.

Say what you will about Capcom, but at least they are coo-coo in a sightly nice way: Awww you lock content on our discs, but then you actually give your customers the games they want. Awww you write stories so bad you almost give Michael Bay a run for his money, but you somehow find really good quality voice-actors (most times) that make the bad writing almost enjoyable through good performances.

Namco are the type of insane that you want to walk the other way if you'd see them on the street.

And yes I am bitter because we have to kiss the butts of these lunatics if we'd want more DBZ products on PC. And hell it doesn't even matter IF you kiss their butts. They are so looney-tooney, who knows what the flying hell they will interpret.
But alas they are the only ones that are allowed to publish and greenlight the making of anything DBZ related so woopie!

Oh and the game still looks like ******* shit. Colour me happy for having a DBZ game on PC but how the flying hell is that next gen look? Really how bad did the previous versions of DBZ games look if that is their next generation freaking game? Christ on a freaking bike.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Problem is I can't afford most games hot off the press

I use pre-orders at retail to pay over a period of time

I know I should just wait for a price-drop or special, which is how I do digital (Including bundles) but some games (Especially Nintendo IP's) don't or never drop

Also I like games and I like them now

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
The game doenst even seem that big of a deal its just another console-like dragon ball game with online multiplayer but because its on pc its being overhyped so they added pre order bonuses because they know it will sell like crazy.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game doenst even seem that big of a deal its just another console-like dragon ball game with online multiplayer but because its on pc its being overhyped so they added pre order bonuses because they know it will sell like crazy.
Thats because people are idiots, who would rather buy a product that costs what ever as long as it has a discount sign next to it. So stores use discounts all year long selling the things at regular price but they just have a -20% next to it. And people buy it like crazy, while they ignore the exact same product at the exact same price, just because there is no discount mark next to it. Its also the idea behind the whole X.99 price tags. Hey its no 2 bucks if its just 1.99

Preorder is the same shit. "Buy our game, before its even finished based on the information that WE hand pick and feed you, and you get a bonus that we already put in the game, but decided to lock it so we can sell it off as DLC later. Ofcourse you have no guarantee that the game will be good, but we say itll be great so you know itll be good."

Please are the current marketing dissasters not bad enough? Just look at AC: Unity. Characters clipping in to walls, crashes, lag issues across ALL platforms. The game is a buggy mess and the outlets who got review copies were forbiddent to even write reviews untill 12 hours AFTER the release.

Honestly why are people supporting this sort of behaviour.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
They are supporting it because they are stupid, a simple solution is not buying the games until something gets done but theres always those brainless fans that will eat anything they´re given without a second thought and then feel the need to defend it because they spent so much money on it.
As long as it sells its not going to stop, making some companies not caring about the quality of the game and instead focus on how much they can milk from it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Interesting responses I'm getting here. Weren't there people here that were Oh my god! Xenoverse looks so awesome and that other sort of shite.

Oh and just FYI. I did not pre-order it. I'm not going to buy that shit until I see it at £19.99 with at least a big 75% strapped right next to it. (might as well be never)

I'm just saying I expected the exact opposite responses. I'm impressed.

Also didn't Namco get the freaking memo that people don't like GT? Pre-order now and get an exclusive "character" *cough skin *cough from GT.

And naturally if this game is going to tank they are going to turn around and say:

See? We were right all along! We shouldn't make lousy ports for the PC in the first place. And then buh-bye Dragonball from PC for another 50 years. And since even that MMO is gone well... wunderbar.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think making posts telling people not to buy it and pre-order are going to work. It's dumb that a lot of the games are virtually the same with not much content being added besides more characters, but it could always be worse like the yearly Call of Duty and Assassins Creed releases. If anything, this game should be bought over the recent ones simply because of the fact that it's now on PC. I think that's a pretty solid move on their part.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh im not saying dont buy it. Im saying dont preorder it. Wait for the reviews, wait to see if its actually ANY GOOD.

DBZ on PC doesnt matter if the game is an unplayable mess. And STEAM policy means you get a single refund and thats it. Once you get 1 you no longer get a second. To be frank its not the companies that are so anti consumer. STEAM is as much at fault here as they are for allowing such practice and even supporting it.

Just look at infestation/warz. People getting banned from the steam forums for pointing out that the game was a cash grab based on the DayZ success, and that the steam page about the game was nothing but lies. STEAM only took down the game when the World War Z licence holders threatened with legal means, but the game just went back up under a new name a few days later, not even hinting that it was the game game, but instead claiming it was a new thing all together to sucker more people in.

Best answers
Oh im not saying dont buy it. Im saying dont preorder it. Wait for the reviews, wait to see if its actually ANY GOOD.

DBZ on PC doesnt matter if the game is an unplayable mess. And STEAM policy means you get a single refund and thats it. Once you get 1 you no longer get a second. To be frank its not the companies that are so anti consumer. STEAM is as much at fault here as they are for allowing such practice and even supporting it.

Just look at infestation/warz. People getting banned from the steam forums for pointing out that the game was a cash grab based on the DayZ success, and that the steam page about the game was nothing but lies. STEAM only took down the game when the World War Z licence holders threatened with legal means, but the game just went back up under a new name a few days later, not even hinting that it was the game game, but instead claiming it was a new thing all together to sucker more people in.
That does make sense, waiting til the game is realesed is good. But I have hard time thinking that the game will be an unplayable mess, it did look pretty good in the beta gameplay videos, it should only get better from there.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those were examples.

If there was an open beta and you were part of it so you know the game runs well on your system and so on, then go for it. But for the people who cant know that its better to wait. Stuff like hardware incompatibilities show up soon after launch. As was the case with Watch Dogs, which BTW still constantly crashes on ATI cards.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That does make sense, waiting til the game is realesed is good. But I have hard time thinking that the game will be an unplayable mess, it did look pretty good in the beta gameplay videos, it should only get better from there.
Since you were in the beta did it run at 60fps?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait what? I wasnt in the beta, I didnt test anything
I neve said you were. It was an example.

But from what ive gathered, you understand my point of view. Its like giving cash to a company making a car before its even finished, where they show you how it looks from the outside and let you hear the sound. But when you got it you realize its made of plastic, way smaller than it seemed and the sound was a recording played back from the internal speaker system of the car.

Best answers
I neve said you were. It was an example.

But from what ive gathered, you understand my point of view. Its like giving cash to a company making a car before its even finished, where they show you how it looks from the outside and let you hear the sound. But when you got it you realize its made of plastic, way smaller than it seemed and the sound was a recording played back from the internal speaker system of the car.
Since you were in the beta did it run at 60fps?
Grega you are so sweet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom