bout won

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
hey people are sayin that won is to old and needs to die so there all tryin to get u to steam . but when i play steam it looks crappy but will there be u think alwaysp layers on won?>

Best answers
I actually find that Steam looks better than WON. The renderer seems cleaner. Are you using the same resolution as WON? Still using OpenGL? This is a question that'd be better suited for the Steam forums, not the ESF Chat forum.

www.steampowered.com

I'd snoop around there.

Best answers
Yes, Steam definately looks a little different, although it has it's share of graphics bugs. The only thing that really makes it appeal more to me is the listing of console commands.

Best answers
Players won't be on WON because when Steam is as they like it, all not buggy and stuff, WON is going byebye.

And by the time that happens, hopefully Steam won't be so buggy anymore.

Best answers
people been saying that WON is shutting down for months and months now, but it hasnt yet, and i dont think it will for a while :/

Best answers
SSJ Toast said:
people been saying that WON is shutting down for months and months now, but it hasnt yet, and i dont think it will for a while :/
Realisticially? It's probably going to be around for a while longer. I'd say once HL2's release gets closer, WON will be out. It'll definitely be gone by the time HL2 comes out. Or better yet, HL's next major patch will probably be only Steam, and required. WON won't last forever, so you may as well get used to Steam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is the future of valve's game engines. it won't be so buggy son hopefully . the reason hl2 was delayed is coz of the source tree being made in to a trojan. i also heard somewhere the hackers also attacked steam. is this true ?

Best answers
I doubt anyone's ever going to have a true answer on this. The only people who know would be Valve, and I doubt Valve would admit to something like that. People don't like Steam now. If a rumor of possible Trojan Hacks was confirmed, it'd be an even greater backlash than the false reviews of Steam being presently unplayable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people just need to accept it

won isnt gonna be used and steam is gonna be the platform for hl and hl2 and all of it

there really isnt a thing wrong with steam now that its been patched

Best answers
no not at all...i still have problems with the friends list connecting to the server..but other than that it works perfectly

Best answers
Actually, it's the damnedest thing, the sound quality of ESF actually IMPROVED when I switched over to steam. Some sounds that were taken from low-quality sources still sound like crap, but for the most part it's 100% better. Don't ask me how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom