Bouncing off the floor bug

Best answers
Well, just recently, I have found a bug where if someone comes up behind you and knocks you on the floor to where you are laying down, and you didn't hold space bar to jump off. Well, if you do, press space bar right after your hit and you'll fly off the floor in that laying down position. Basically, it's like jumping off the floor, but it's in that laying down animation, because you already got hit by now. I'm not asking for help on this bug, I'm just trying to help you guys out by reporting it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ermmm, I don't think that is a bug, If I am right, it is possible to jump of walls/ground if you hit the space bar right after hitting the wall/ground, to avoid getting killed by blobs. (Could be wrong, not sure, haven't played ESF in quite some while)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not realy. You have to be holding space befor you git the flor to jump off. The bug mentioned just makes you gu up instead of down.

It also happens if you hit someone in the air. if you hit him straight down he flies up (sometimes).

While with the bounce you hit the flor and than fly up. So you leave a mark on teh flor but the character acts as if he was punched up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's a bug but I figured the team would know about it by now. Basically, you get hit (you leave a crater on the ground and you're lying down on the ground) but if you press jump after you get hit and you hit the ground your body jumps up (even though you're still in the "I just got hit" animation).

Theres also another thing with jump. I don't know if its a bug or not, but I'll post it anyway. If you bind jump to the scroller on your mouse, fly forward, press fly, and begin scrolling, you'll be able to jump rapidly across the map. It works because it's not a full jump; you're pushing the scroller forwards.

Best answers
Ah, I guess your right, but some people think I am just talking about, where if you hold space bar before you hit the ground, you will be able to jump off. That's not what I'm talking about, and that's not a bug. Now if I could find out how to host a picture the right way, then I would post screen shots of it happening.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just press F5 as it happens.

Best answers
That's what I did, I'm saying though, I can't post the pictures, cause I need to host them somewhere.

Best answers
One more question for you Zeonix. Where do the pictures go that you take in-game again? I looked in the ESF folder and didn't find them there. Do you mind telling me if you know?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its supposed to be in there. The pics should be the name of the map plus a number (depending on how many times you took a pic on that map).

Best answers
I think my whole ESF folder got messed up. The only thing I have in my folder is ESF 1.1, SteamDown, and a model thing from the day that I actually played EVM :scared:. How can I re-create the ESF folder with all the stuff I should have in it?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Well, just recently, I have found a bug where if someone comes up behind you and knocks you on the floor to where you are laying down, and you didn't hold space bar to jump off. Well, if you do, press space bar right after your hit and you'll fly off the floor in that laying down position. Basically, it's like jumping off the floor, but it's in that laying down animation, because you already got hit by now. I'm not asking for help on this bug, I'm just trying to help you guys out by reporting it.
Um, that's not a bug. If you're hit on the ground, sometimes you can hit the spacebar and groundjump.

Best answers
READ MY SECOND POST. I"M NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. GRRRRR. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
I think my whole ESF folder got messed up. The only thing I have in my folder is ESF 1.1, SteamDown, and a model thing from the day that I actually played EVM :scared:. How can I re-create the ESF folder with all the stuff I should have in it?
delete--> reinstall

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I figured out there is "insta" thingy for EVERYTHING in ESF ( adv melee combos, basic melee, movement ).
There is insta-recover thingy too - you can recover IMMEDEATELY after ur , for example, thrown or smthing like that.
There is insta-move bug ( being able to teleport in opponents hitbox no matter how far u are from ur opponent )

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Were you planning on reporting it or exploiting it?

Best answers
Yeah, Omni just did that thing to me when I decided to play in a European server, I wanted to train in high ping, and so he matched me, and he kept doing it :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom