Bouncing and a NEW HIT

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok this edit will clear things up.. sorry about that..

Basic melee(kick) - Right click and fly into someone to do it. Effects: the other player takes damage and is knocked back.. the player then recovers in mid air..

New basic melee hit(Bash) - Double click and hold right click and fly into someone. This type of melee can be used once in an entire combo of basic melee's. Effects: the other player takes damage and is knocked back AND FALLS from the air instead of maintaining flight. If someone is near a wall you can use this melee to bounce them off of the wall instead of them smashing into the wall. If they are near the ground you can "bash" and bounce them them off the ground then follow up the hit with a regular basic melee-"kicK". Also maybe this hit could do less damage then basic melee..

Also a new DEFENSIVE MELEE MOVES..

explanation: in my opinion powering up should NOT be a vulnerability in ANY WAY. If it is then players just wait for you to powerup to get the freeby hit.. Instead of going for you while your active and moving which woudl take real skill , hence giving both players the better challenge.

When powering up players should be able to perform counter moves that confuse the enemy. This is how it could work . If timed correctly pressing left while powering up confuses the enemy with a teleport sound that echos then you automaticly teleport 3/4 the distanc of a normal teleport to the left of where you were. rthis works with all directions

DONT READ THIS POST READ THE BIG POST BELOW

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:
I think when a somewhat close to the ground, if you're thrown to the ground instead of your character slamming into the ground they should bounce up
Realalistically a character could'nt just bounce up off of the ground, They would most likely be smashed into the floor

.. just a thought.. and about the ceiling.. i think a player should be invincible when falling.. if close to the cieling.. when the player recovers and is still close to cieling the player is now vulnerable.
Dunno

wow i just thought of this ...

Ok as a new hit you double right click and hold to activate it. The difference is.. when you hit someone instead of them flying back and recovering in the air.. they get knocked back in the "free fall mode" so they dont fly back and recover in the air.. they fall back and roll if they hit the ground. This attack could be usefull if used on someone who was near a wall. Instead of them flying into the wall they'd bounce off the wall and then you could hit them again with a regular hit and slam them into the wall.
Don't get it

The only disadvange is that you can only use this new basic melee 1 time in a combo .. so you can either do.. new basic melee then basic melee or basic melee then new basic melee.. but if you bounce them off of something you can get a extra hit with basic melee
Answered in quote.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:
Also a new DEFENSIVE MELEE MOVES..

explanation: in my opinion powering up should NOT be a vulnerability in ANY WAY. If it is then players just wait for you to powerup to get the freeby hit.. Instead of going for you while your active and moving which woudl take real skill , hence giving both players the better challenge.

When powering up players should be able to perform counter moves that confuse the enemy. This is how it could work . If timed correctly pressing left while powering up confuses the enemy with a teleport sound that echos then you automaticly teleport 3/4 the distanc of a normal teleport to the left of where you were. rthis works with all directions
So you are saying to take out the importance of managing your KI?

i say no way.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Um what the hell? guys think about this ... blocking as it is.. is hard enough.. but actully counternig accuratly at the right moment.. your acting as if it will happen every single time..
NOw if you fly straighit into them of course it will happen if the guy is pretty good at it.. but thats why their is teleporting for suprises.. also thats why your able to hit from the side..

Also yoru saying its bad for a person who plays for 2 weeks to become pretty good at the game? IIf that was true i think esf would be way more popular then it is now.. besides REMOVING some of the powering up VULNERABILITY will cause players to actually fight.. instead of playing the "SIT back and wait game"

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:
Um what the hell? guys think about this ... blocking as it is.. is hard enough.. but actully counternig accuratly at the right moment.. your acting as if it will happen every single time..
NOw if you fly straighit into them of course it will happen if the guy is pretty good at it.. but thats why their is teleporting for suprises.. also thats why your able to hit from the side..

Also yoru saying its bad for a person who plays for 2 weeks to become pretty good at the game? IIf that was true i think esf would be way more popular then it is now.. besides REMOVING some of the powering up VULNERABILITY will cause players to actually fight.. instead of playing the "SIT back and wait game"
The reason why i like ESF is that you actualy have to have skill. So take out the skill factor and you are left with only the luck factor. And people will confirm me. Anglehits are as much luckbased as skillbased.

The KI control skill is just the top notch. The game may be more popular if its easyer. But itll loose on quality.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Quality over quantity in my opinion.

I like what you have in mind with the bouncing of the cliff idea, it would make things more "flowing" in respect to building on combos, but it wouldn't be realistic.

The ki thing is what makes ESF, ESF (in my opinion). Teleporting WHILE powering up is a really bad idea. Imagine teleporting, but also gaining ki at the same time. If I ever wanted to move to the other side of the map I would just tele-powerup there. Even if it had a delay, it would still be a bad idea.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
perhaps i didn't explain my idea correctly..

if your powering up and you press left.. you dont move left.. but you do stop powering up and your character does a counter move animation.. when the short 1 to 2 second animations over.. you can continue powering up....

NOW.. lets say you swoop at me while im powering up .. if i press RIGHT too early i do a simple animation showing that i missed the counter.. and ill end up being hit during the delay after the counter..

Now if i time it correctly i will automaticly teleport to the right of where i was and my tele port sound will come from all directions confusing the enemy...

and of course if I press right to late ill be hit..

as for the new basic melee idea .. i agree with you it is unrealistic.. but since when was dbz realistic.. besides if this was to be added dont you think the combos you could pull off would be much more interesting.

now that think of it.. I think the current baisc melee's damage should be reduced.. and the name basic melee should be replaced with "Ram or shove/push" and the animations should be the player ramming into the other with their shoulder..

Now what the ram could be good for is knocking you opponent back .. like into walls or to the ground an such..

Then THIS NEW basic melee can fit in JUST perfect.

Bash Attack(NEW Basic melee) : THis is how it could work.. when you double click and hold Mouse2 then fly into someone your player does a punch/kick instead of a shoulder ram.. These hits do more damage then the Ram attack..

The awsomeness about this new melee is that.. IT does'nt knock you back like the shoulder ram does it makes the player fall from the sky and fall back a bit.. and you can do more then 2 hits in a row.. You can hit them constantly as they fall.. or you can teleport under them and start hiting them upward..

OR you could even Ram them then use the NEW melee and knock them around abit then use the ram again to knock them into the ground/wall.. This creates room for loads of combos/fun =)

like i said the damage is reduced....

also.. a NEW Recover system should be added.. Ever seen someone get hit really hard in the show dbz?? they fly back with their arms out as they fall then suddenly someone teleports behind them and they turn around to try block but get kneed in the stomach? Its happened to vegeta ive seen it..

My idea is this.. after being knocked off balance you can recover in 3 ways..

The slows is that you simply do nothing and fall to the ground.. roll.. then stop.. then slowly get up

the 2nd is you press jump right when you hit an object/wall/ground/cieling/ect and you spring off of this object to raise the gameplay speed even more..

The 3rd is this xtremely new. When falling and behing hit with the new basic melee you can counter the attacks by blocking successfully which gives you an instant recovery.. This will raise the possible speed of play very high for the pros.

Also while fall your able to powerup beams / use beams as you fall.. but if you hit the ground your beam is canceled unless you hit the jump button which will spring you off the ground and into the air...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom