Bots dont work ???

Best answers
hey when I use the addbot command it adds the bot but the bot is like non existant it shows up on the scouter as a small dot but never more what is wrong ?

Best answers
Sounds like a spawn bug(I could be very wrong) . But you must remember the bots are still in the alpha stage.

Best answers
it seems that the work for everyone else? just me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a "motd.txt" file in your esf folder? If so, delete it and it should work.

Best answers
the same thing happend to mean what i did was uninstalled it and installed it again then they worek

Best answers
help cant make bots 2 work i already did what u said delete motd.txt and still not workin when i type addbot it just said unknown command....... please help me man..

Best answers
same thing happend to me but i had the message of the day so when i deleted that it fixed it.

Best answers
hmmm so you dont have a motd.txt in your esf folder? maybe re install the bots? and make sure to do deathmatch and not teamplay....

Best answers
I wish I could help, but deleting the motd.txt worked for me... I'll try some things and get back to you.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm when I try to do it it says unknown command: addbot

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where the motd thing?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally stated in the BotReadMe.txt found in zip file you downloaded to install the bots
Put the "ESF-Bot.dll" in your "esf\dlls" directory, then change the "liblist.gam" file (in notepad) in the "esf" directory so it says:
gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"
instead of
gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
Run the game with console (example: "C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf"), and in the game type "addbot" in the console (open console with '~'-key) to add a new bot to the game.
You can use "kick [Bot Name]" no brackets just the bot name case sensitive, to kick a bot.

NOTE: It is very important that the name of your ESF directory is "esf"! Otherwise the game will crash at startup!

Have fun!
lol i quoted the readme!!!(the little things that amuse me)

Best answers
I have a new problem there is some trackerUl think that says is not working and I think that is what is making the bots show up as just small red squares and nothing else

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's C:/Sierra/Half-Life/ESF

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bah trackerui not working? don't think it works for anybody... or maybe it does, but it doesn't for me, that isn't the problem, the problem is actually the bots are joining and spectators... dont know how to solve that problem though

Best answers
oh so that is what is wrong so anyone who has it working have any ideas at all ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom